Monday, November 8, 2010

TBS DT: Thankful For You

Hello friends! Hope you had a great weekend. We had a little family gathering to celebrate Grandma's 89th birthday. Now my wonderful in-laws are visiting and doing a little granddog sitting while Husband and I have a wee midweek fling in Philadelphia. *grin*

This week the design team is using the BSC #13 sketch with a little added challenge just for us: Apple, Pear, Pumpkin. This is open to interpretation and could be the foods themselves, their colors, or a combination of the two. Or even something I can't think of right now. :) See? It's all open to interpretation *and* imagination... 

I had a little problem at first... 'specially since I'm dying to use my new Christmas papers which have nothing to do with apples, pears or pumpkins. I poked around my paper bins and found the awesome Pink Paislee 365°. Of course, it's absolutely perfect so I opted for "sketch plus colors".


You'll notice I barely layered on this one. *gasp* I was unsure about a green dress so I figured I'd try it on the bottom layer first. (Normally I don't completely color the bottom layer - just the edges.) It turned out so well that I decided to use it.



Card Recipe
  • Stamp - Magnolia
  • Paper - Bazzill Basics in Mud Pie; Pink Paislee 365° 6x6 pad and "Be Free" (stripes) in 12x12
  • Medium - Copic E0000, E01, E11 for skin; Prismacolor pencils with OMS; Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan and Creamy Brown; Stickles Crystal and Diamond; Distress Stickles in Spiced Marmalade
  • Embellishments - Kaisercraft Pearls in Snow; May Arts Crocheted Lace (brand new in store - call to order); Satin ribbon (large and woven into lace) from stash; ticket - my design and Kimm's sentiment (thanks a bunch!)
  • Tools - Scor-Pal; Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
  • Adhesives - Scor-Tape and 1/8" Glue Dots
Hope you can find inspiration from this... and while you're feeling so inspired *grin*, please join our Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge! It's going on now through November 14th. See you there!

Cheers,
Susan

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy 89th Birthday to your Grandmother :) and hope you have a wonderful trip to Philly too!
Look at this gorgeous card. She is wonderfully colored in her green dress. Love the sketch and your take on it!
Love,
Chelsea

Anita said...

I hope your grandma had a fabulous birthday! :) Your card is beyond gorgeous! Beautiful coloring!

Sassy Scrapper said...

Happy Birthday grammy!
Oh sweetie this card is absolutely beautiful. From the image to the paper to the flowers just beautiful. Hugs Bonnie

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Patricia Mae said...

Susan check out my blog I left you something there.
~Patricia
http://pattyandcharlie.blogspot.com