It's Susan Monday over at The Beary Scrap Design Team blog, which really means I get to introduce the design team's weekly theme. This week we all worked with a sketch that we'll use as our next Beary Sweet Challenge on Friday. Be sure to check back for a great sketch!
I love the Basic Grey Capella papers.They're such wonderful prints and warm colors! I complemented the BG with Bazzill Basics in Mud Pie, and actually veered away from my normal white card stock base. (You'll see another here Friday.) I do like the "drama" of an all-dark base!
As embellishments, I sprayed all the crocheted flowers, rose buds and leaves with pearl Glimmer Mist - it's a lovely subtle sheen. The green flower in the bottom right is edged with Frosted Ice Stickles for a little added (but still subtle) bling. Hmm... can bling be subtle?
Anyway... I received a card from the oh-so-lovely and talented Elise of Paper Love Affair the other day and was WOW'd by her perfect Stickles edging. I was so inspired to try it on this card... not perfectly straight, but better than any effort before today. Thanks sweets!
Our sketch has a rough -or torn- edge, and I ran a little bead of water down the edge of the paper with a Brush2O, let it soak in a bit and tore the edges off. Once dry I edged with Cinnamon Stickles and layered with a bit of scrap crocheted lace.
Challenges, Please :)
- Beary Sweet Challenge #10 (10/1 - 10/14): Sketch
- Creative Card Crew (10/11): Bloomin' Marvelous!
- Fashionista Friday #48 (9/30): Flowers
- Practical Scrappers (10/1): Stamps
- Totally Tilda #6 (10/9): Glitter and Sparkle
- Magnolia Stamp Lovers (10/9): Lace
- Stamp: Magnolia
- Paper: Bazzill Basics Mud Pie; Basic Grey Capella
- Medium: Stickles Star Dust, Cinnamon, Frosted Lace and Diamond; Glimmer Mist Pearl on flowers and leaves; Copic E00 for base skin tone; Color Box Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan for all edges
- Embellishments: Mulberry paper roses; My Mind's Eye Laundry Line Crochet Flowers; Kaisercraft pearls; old key, pearl pins, large green flower and pearl brad from stash
- Tools: MS leaf punch; Scor-Pal; Brush20 Water Pen
- Adhesive: Scor-Tape