Welcome to your first stop along our surprise
Farewell Elise Blog Hop!
First, I have to tell you a little about the Elise I know. In my early paper-crafting-meets-blogging days (October-ish of last year) I spent a lot of time exploring blogs and garnering inspiration as I tried to find my own card style. Elise was one of my early favorites. Her card style is so soft and pretty! Even though we both color with Prismacolor pencils, we have very different results. I adore her subtle coloring and have tried many times to duplicate it (impossible! *grin*). She has inspired me over and over with her use of Stickles and lace and flowers.
Over time we've become online friends, and "see" one another in a few regular chatty spots. We're on the Crafting Life's Pieces DT together and have our own little eBay community. Right around my birthday in May I received a wonderful surprise from Elise. In my mailbox was a package with a lovely Elisabeth Bell stamp, ribbons and a load of delicious flowers. Included was a really kind note that made my week and still sits on my Inspiration Shelf.
Elise, I admire your incredible enthusiasm for other crafters. Every time I read your comments on a blog I think how lucky that person is to "see" her own card through your eyes. You have taught me to look closely and appreciate every little detail of a project. I love that you opened my eyes! You are a good friend to me. This is the end of one chapter, but not the end of our story. Thank you for being you!
So, after all that waffling, here's my card for you:
I've tucked a tag to write my sappy note to Elise before I pop this little lovely in the mail.
Here's a side view of Fairy Dust Tilda's layers. I stamped her on the base layer for the twinkles around Tilda, and added three layers on top.
Ready for more? Here's the hop order - just like our weekly posts:
Susan @ Killam Creative (that's me!)
Next stop: Jamie's Scrap Garden
Please visit each blog, and as you're crying along with us, be sure to become a follower if you're not already *and* leave a comment. Please post our candy on your blog, too. At the end, go to The Beary Scrap Design Team blog and let us know you followed along - you could win (even if you're international)!
The hop is open through Saturday, September 4th, and we'll announce a random winner from all the comments on Sunday. The prize is an assortment of embellishments* you'll find on Elise's fabulous projects: satin and sheer ribbons, lace, pearls, pins, little baubles and delicious flowers flowers flowers!
Thanks for helping us bid a fond farewell to Elise! Oh, and don't forget to pop on over to her beautiful blog - Paper Love Affair.
- Friday Sketchers #117 (9/2): Sketch - love this one! I was also influenced by Claudia's card - thanks for the inspiration!
- Delightful Challenges (9/2): Cute & Girly with Lace & Pearls
- Die Cut Dreams #63 (9/5): Soft Shades of Vintage
- Stamp: Magnolia Fairy Dust Tilda
- Paper: Bazzill Basics Truffle; Basic Grey Cappella 6x6 paper pad; Neenah Classic Crest (on sale!)
- Medium: Glimmer Mist Pearl on the flowers and Rose Tea on the crochet doily; Stickles Star Dust; Color Box Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan
- Embellishments: Pearls; Mulberry roses; lace, crochet doily, stick pins and some flowers from stash
- Tools: MS Large Double Punch Monarch (on sale!); Cuttlebug Embossing Folder; Scor-Pal; sewing machine
- Adhesive: Scor-Tape