A very dear friend asked me to make cards for her soon-to-be 15 year old grand-daughters. She was looking through older cards and loved this one, so I decided to customize it for the girls. Well, you know how styles and tastes change over time, right? Even though it was a short 5 months ago, I couldn't image making that card again... so I kicked it up a notch!
I'll show you Alyssa's card first - they are both easel style, with a little surprise inside.
The incredible image is from Kenny K - can you believe this Rock Chick's coolness? Kenny has a bunch of great digital stamps with new releases this weekend... ack! I can't wait!
Now, back to Alyssa... *grin* Here's the full easel view - the easel can rest on the line o' rhinestones as shown, or right above the lace (I kinda like the second option better). Rock Chick Alyssa is cut out and popped up on 1/8" dots.
Here is the "surprise"! I don't usually embellish easel folds, but it just cried out for personalization on these cards. Let me tell ya, Photoshop was definitely my friend on these projects. I used the same graffiti font on the brick wall and added a stack of books for reader Alyssa. Did I mention that the brick wall is actually digital paper? Yep! I sized it in PS, added the name with a white drop shadow and arched it slightly. I decreased the opacity of the books to make them look like worn graffiti. After all that was done, printed and heat set, I filled in all the letters (on the front panel and envelope, too) with Glossy Accents for a great shine and dimension.
Here is the envelope - also Glossy Accent'd. You can really see the shine on "You Rock" in this photo.
Now let's take a peek at Brenna's fabulous card!
Here's a view of the easel in front of the lace - it flows much better, I think.
Brenna is a huge Philadelphia Phillies fan so I found a fun logo to graffiti on the wall.
So, that's it for these lovelies! Girls, if you happen to find your way here, Happy Birthday! I hope with all my heart that you love your cards as much as I do. I had a blast creating them!
- Stamp Something (7/29)- Something Flowery
- Creative Inspirations #39 (8/8) - Anything Goes
- PaperPlay #30 (8/4) - Anything Goes
- Digital Tuesday #69 (8/2?) - Dazzle Me
- Wild Orchids #2 (8/8) - Lovely Lace
- Paper Romance #9 (8/4) - Birthday Celebration
- Dutch Dare #83 (8/11) - Anything Goes
- Practical Scrappers (7/31) - Use 7 or more items
- Stamp - Kenny K "Rock Chick"
- Paper - Bazzil Basics; digital brick walls
- Medium - Prismacolor pencils with OMS; Stickles Star Dust; Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan for the edges; Glossy Accents
- Embellishments - Crochet lace; Prima flowers; miscellaneous rhinestones (cut up and put back together for swirls; Kaisercraft pearls; Making Memories metal words; teardrop-shaped "spray" from a 6' garland found in the wedding section of the big box craft store *grin*