Hello hello! I hope you had a great weekend. the Husband and I took a little road trip on Saturday and hid indoors Sunday for the first rainy day in ages. It was nice to wake up to the sound of soft rain - especially since it was falling straight down and not into any of the windows left open overnight. Temps were in the 50's, so after Finnegan went out for a quick wee, we all snuggled tighter under the covers and slept in. I love the cooler temps paired with cozy blankies and warm snuggly bodies in the bed... have I mentioned that our dog sleeps under the covers? He curls his 95lbs up at our feet every night. It's cute!
It's Monday again, which brings my Beary Scrap DT post *and* a new challenge for the design team. This week we decided to go down my favorite path:
VintageOk, so *I* decided to take the design team down this path kicking and screaming. I had to duck from a few well-thrown old shoes... but I'm still excited to see what they come up with when truly challenged!
Here's another in my Vintage Christmas Series. Haha! I just made that up as an excuse for my 2 Christmas cards in a row here at TBS. I'm on a mission to avoid the Great Frenzy of 2009, which had me scrambling and working through the night weeks before a craft show. Oh, it was awful even for this procrastinator.
So, about this card: I used the yummy delicious My Minds Eye Laundry Line/Flirty Collection. The design is called "Pretty Coat" and boy is it fabulous! The tag in the upper left corner is also MME and available at the store. On my vintage postcard image I've added white Flower Soft for snow and as decoration on Santa's coat. Star Dust Stickles found its way on the little girl's coat and the star, and Frosted Ice around the edges.
The MME tag was trimmed and crushed into a ball, then the edges and random creased were inked up before it got a Pearl Glimmer Mist squirt. The flowers were white before being misted with Vanilla Glimmer Mist. I'm really pleased with the subtle color!
- MMSC #70 (9/14): Sketch - I fall somewhere between both sketches, I think
- Bah! Humbug! #35 (9/16): Favorite medium - Stickles, of course!
- ABC Christmas (9/21): S is for Santa
- Image: Vintage postcard printed on Neenah Classic Crest
- Paper: Bazzill Basics Mud Pie and Ruby Slipper; My Mind's Eye: Laundry Line - Flirty
- Medium: Flower Soft in Polar White; Glimmer Mist Pearl and Vanilla; Stickles Frosted Ice and Star Dust; Glossy Accents (avail. at the store)
- Embellishments: Mulberry Paper Roses; pins, pearls and lace from stash
- Adhesive: Scor-Tape; Fabri-Tac; sewing machine (haha!)