Monday, September 27, 2010

TBS DT: You Hold The Key To My Heart

Hello dear friends! I hope you've had a fabulous weekend! The Husband, Finnegan and I trekked on down to North Carolina to visit with my in-laws. It was a beautiful weekend - Saturday I finally got to experience the "Carolina Blue" skies that my mother-in-law has told me about... stunning! We had a long To-Do list, which is kind of cool (we do like to help them when we can). It was nice to see Matthew and his Dad working on a grill surround thingy. They had oodles of power tools and measuring devices and Gatorade... actually, it was nice to see them working so well together. :)

It's Susan Monday over at The Beary Scrap Design Team blog, which really means I get to introduce the design team's weekly theme. This week we all worked with a sketch that we'll use as our next Beary Sweet Challenge on Friday. Be sure to check back for a great sketch!


I love the Basic Grey Capella papers.They're such wonderful prints and warm colors! I complemented the BG with Bazzill Basics in Mud Pie, and actually veered away from my normal white card stock base. (You'll see another here Friday.) I do like the "drama" of an all-dark base!

As embellishments, I sprayed all the crocheted flowers, rose buds and leaves with pearl Glimmer Mist - it's a lovely subtle sheen. The green flower in the bottom right is edged with Frosted Ice Stickles for a little added (but still subtle) bling. Hmm... can bling be subtle?


Anyway... I received a card from the oh-so-lovely and talented Elise of Paper Love Affair the other day and was WOW'd by her perfect Stickles edging. I was so inspired to try it on this card... not perfectly straight, but better than any effort before today. Thanks sweets!

Our sketch has a rough -or torn- edge, and I ran a little bead of water down the edge of the paper with a Brush2O, let it soak in a bit and tore the edges off. Once dry I edged with Cinnamon Stickles and layered with a bit of scrap crocheted lace.


Challenges, Please :)

Card Recipe
Thanks for stopping in today! Don't forget you still have a few days to whip up a little creative somethin' somethin' for our Vintage themed Beary Sweet Challenge. You could win a $20 gift voucher to The Beary Scrap!

Cheers,
Susan

8 comments:

stephanne said...

This is stunning Susan, such beautiful papers, I love the texture from the crocheted flowers and lace and the soft tones you've used, completely gorgeous!!
hugs, stephanne

Anne said...

This is just beautiful! Lovely colors. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Edith said...

What a cute card, Susan:)

Lori said...

the dimension is truly gorgeous, I love the matching key, so fantastic, thanks so much for joining us at Totally Tilda!

coldwaters2 said...

WOWZER Susan this is awesome I have spent quite awhile just looking at the design and beauty of this card, I love it so much and Tilda looks so beautiful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mandy said...

Susan your card is stunning, love the papers, embellies, the colours, it's all perfect.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our glitter and sparkle challenge
hugs Mandy xx

BrendaB said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! I love all the texture with the edging, stitching and the crocheted flowers! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous! i love the crocheted flowers!! thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT!