Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Matchbox Fairy Garden

Hello hello! When I saw these Graphic 45 matchbox boxes, I knew one would eventually be a fairy garden of some sort. I love fairy gardens!


The matchbox is 3" x 5",  and with tiny feet and a handle it stands 6" tall. I used Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden - remember that gorgeous paper? I have just a little bit left these days. Perfect for small projects like this!


I can't seem to get the coloring right on this photo, but you can still see the full garden. :) Since the matchboxes are snug, I simply painted the insides a very light peach color, then distressed a bit with fine sandpaper. That way it still slides.

Thanks for visiting today! I hope you find time to get a little creative, too!

Cheers,
Susan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Scrumptious! I want to be the fairy in that garden. Love it!

Carmey said...

Oh My Goodness how gorgeous.....I'm going to have to try something like this ....If you don't mind......

L Mahaffey said...

So pretty!