Last week Patricia used Colorbox chalk ink on her Pink Paislee butterfly wood shape with great success. For my project today I decided to get out the acrylic paints and see what would happen.
|Click to make bigger!|
Hee hee, I can't say I totally love it, but it's not bad. I painted the russet color then used a dry brush to swish the lighter, orange-y color on the center parts. The swirls are made from Ranger's Liquid Pearls and a not-so-steady hand. Honestly, I can't draw a stick figure standing straight. *sigh*
The paper is Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden 12x12 sheet of "Flower Blooms". I cut is specifically to show the bumble bee and clock along the right edge. One of the things I really like about these decorated 12x12's is how I can pick and choose what section to use. The inside layers are also from the same sheet, but different sections and different 'scenes'. I'll add photos of the inside once it's completed. As the card came together I ended up putting the seam binding/calendar grouping on the right instead of the planned left corner. It covered the bumble bee but made more sense with the other elements.
The Beary Scrap will have loads of seam binding on the shelves soon - I can't wait for all the yummy colors! It's all wrapped up with a button from My Mind's Eye/Lost & Found/Madison Avenue. The pin is made from my supplies. I spritzed some of the mulberry roses with Vanilla Breeze Glimmer Mist. The grungeboard swirls were colored with distress stain and then spritzed with the same Glimmer Mist.
The calendar is a digital print and interchangeable with other months - I didn't attach it because I'm not sure how it will be used. I'm partial to May, though, since I celebrate my birthday all month.
You think I'm kidding, don't you?
I wanted to show you the layering that can be done with Distress inks and a Ranger Blending Tool. Here's a photo of the three blending stages:
|Click for a larger version|
Ok, maybe it's really only two stages! First I used green Peeled Paint on the edge and toward the middle a little, then used Vintage Photo on the edge only. Adding the Vintage Photo gives it a little more depth and a vintage feel!
- Paper: Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden 12x12 - Flower Blooms and Botanical Gardens (pink middle layer); Bazzill Basics
- Medium: Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose; Glimmer Mist Vanilla Breeze; Distress Stickles in Peeled Paint; Stickles Star Dust; acrylic paint; Distress Stain Vintage Photo
- Embellishments: Button from MME Madison Avenue; Mulberry Paper Roses; seam binding (in the store soon!); Kaisercraft Pearls
- Adhesives: 1/4" Scor-Tape; Fabri-Tac
- Tools: Scor-Pal; Ranger Blending Tool; Honey Bee Scissors
That's it for me. Thanks for visiting today, and remember to enter your "Wings" project in our challenge HERE by April 30th. Good luck!