Heartfelt thanks also go out to the fabby girls at If the Shoe Fits... Scrap It! for making this card one of their Top 3 for the Sew Crazy challenge.
Hello crafty friends! Here we are in another month, a new week and a sparkly new sketch challenge at the Beary Scrap DT & Challenge blog! It's a simple sketch but you know me - I went and complicated the whole thing with floof and stuff all over the front of my card! Ooh, speaking of floof - check out the mohair crochet flower. Isn't it divine? Check out the oh-so-talented willowfolk on Etsy for floofy goodness of your very own!
I *promise* you that the sketch is there! Luckily the inside panel reflects the clean and simple version...
I made this card for Connie's birthday.... Oh, you don't know Connie? Neither do I, actually. A lovely local lady requested the card for a friend right after she received one of my designs for her own birthday. How nice is that?
I used Basic Grey's Capella papers - remember that line? It's so easy to get caught up in the "new" and lose sight of what is already on hand. Every month Kimm gets new paper lines into the store and I ooh-n-ahh over it. Very quickly the gotta have it - gotta use it now now now feeling sets in and last month's lovelies get pushed aside.
Not anymore! At least, not for right now. I poked around my TBS bins and found the beautiful Basic Grey Capella line and all those warm fuzzies came rushing back. It was like an old friend reaching out for a much-needed hug... too much? *ahem* I'll move on.
Here's the whole kit and caboodle:
- Bunny Zoe #10 (4/10) - Birthday with Lots of Pearls
- Creative Belli (4/11) - Sewing (and seam binding!)
- Allsorts #97 (4/8) - Bloomin' Blossoms
- Paper Romance #44 (4/6) - Bling
- Paper Sundaes #63 (4/9) - Spring Blossoms
- If The Shoe Fits #73 (4/7) - Sew Crazy
- Inspiration Emporium #1 (4/30) - Use Fragments
- Paper: Basic Grey Capella in 12x12 pages and 6x6 pad; Bazzill Basics Mud Pie and Adobe, with French Vanilla on the envelope
- Medium: Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose and Bundled Sage; Stickles Star Dust and Tattered Rose
- Embellishments: Seam Binding Ribbon - coming soon to The Beary Scrap!; Basic Grey Cappella Stitched Brads (crocheted flower center); mulberry paper flowers; all others from stash
- Adhesives: Fabri-Tac; Scor-Tape; Glossy Accents - layered between clear plastic charm and "Happy Birthday Connie"
- Tools: Scor-Pal; Ranger Ink Blending Tool; Honey Bee Non-Stick Scissors; sewing machine