Hello dear friends! I hope you had a great weekend. Husband and I had a crazy busy one and as I write this Sunday night I am exhausted. (But in a good way!) As you read this Monday, it is a new day with new challenges and new crafty projects to conquer!
Today I am sharing my layering technique over at the Beary Scrap Design Team & Challenge blog. It is now just about the only way I can make a stamped image "work" for me. When I look at new stamps or digital images I automatically start layering them in my mind. :) It's a lot of work and requires tons of patience, but I love the way it turns out on my cards. Wanna know how I do it? Go here!
Ok, so here is my card based on our current Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge. The design team will take it a little further this week and add die cuts to our cards. I've used snowflake chipboard as my die cuts. You don't have to have a die cut in your challenge entry, just be sure to follow our simple rules and enter your project by the end of the day on December 14th. You could win $20 gift voucher from The Beary Scrap!
Don't you just love these Bo Bunny "Midnight Frost" papers? Oh my goodness, I am in love! I've added loads of texture with embossing folders and used embellishments from the Midnight Frost collection. You will find more info on other stuff used in the card recipe below.
Challenges, Please :)
- Stampavie and More #119 (12/7) - Snow/Snowflakes
- Just Magnolia #84 (12/9) - Anything Goes + Sparkle
- Cute Card Thursday #141 (12/8) - The Blues == I'm not eligible to win, but *you* can play! The Beary Scrap is sponsoring this week with a $20 gift voucher!
- Stamp Something (12/10) - Christmas Color Combo
- City Crafter #33 (12/6) - Blue Christmas
- ATS Magnolia challenge #4 (12/10) - Something Christmas
- Stamp: Magnolia "Snowy Hugs"
- Paper: Bo Bunny Midnight Frost line in the 6x6 pad; Bazzill Basics; other
- Medium: Copic for skin tones (E000, E01, E11, R20); Prismacolor pencils with OMS; Stickles Frosted Lace and Star Dust; Glossy Accents; ColorBox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan; Stampendous Detail Clear Embossing Powder (round sentiment); Glimmer Mist Pearl on the striped panel
- Embellishments: Bo Bunny Midnight Frost Wraps (blue seam binding ribbon that I got wet then scrunched up until it dried); Bo Bunny Midnight Frost Layered Chipboard (die cut snowflakes); lace, pin and wire from stash; LOTV round sentiment - embossed
- Adhesive: Scor-Tape; Glue Dots - 1/2" (actually 1/2" wide x 1/8" tall)
- Tools: Scor-Pal; sewing machine; Cutter Bee scissors and tweezers; Cuttlebug embossing folders
Hey, there's plenty of time to give this layering thing a whirl and enter it into our Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge. I would LOVE to see your layered projects!