Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birdcage Mini Album

Hiya folks! So I wanted to try my hand at a mini album and worked on this off and on for many weeks. I've finally finished it! I absolutely adore it and wish I had a little girl or niece to give it to (instead, it's in my Etsy shop). There are a lot of photos - click on each one to view the full size!

The base of this album is Prima Build-A-Book acrylic album. I really like that the pages are nice and sturdy (vs. paper bag albums). All of the papers are from Echo Park's Victoria Gardens line. I used both the 12x12 sheets and pages from the 6x6 pad.

Here is a look at pages 2 and 3 with photo and journaling tags in place (top). Almost all of the tags are sewn on each side, and many have embellishments. The album includes enough self-adhesive photo corners to put one photo on each tag.

Here are pages 2 and 3 with the backs of the tags showing. The journaling tag on the top left is meant for an album title or other identifying info so the photo shows the lines on the tag front.

Pages 4 and 5 with tags in place. See the beady baubles hanging on the green tag on the left?

Here are the backs of tags on pages 4 and 5. The "You" tag is plain on the reverse side, without sewn edges.

Page 6 doesn't have pull-out tags but it does have a large space for photos. Page 7 has 3 tags - I had a lot of fun with the text on the Echo Park papers throughout the album.

Pages 6 and 7 showing the reverse side of tags on page 7.

The back cover

Thanks for visiting today!

Cheers,
Susan

2 comments:

Jodie61 said...

Great Mini album....I love the soft colors and all the pockets. Thanks for sharing!

Emily @SweetlyScrapped said...

Very pretty! I love the colors you've chosen :)