Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas, Tag 1 (Finished)

Hiya folks! Phew, it's been too long since I wrote here *and* sat in my studio. I was all set to play along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas - I even started my version of the first one! Then life got in the way and I haven't been back to assemble Tag 1 or try any of the others. I've been watching as he uploads a new one each day and some techniques I love and will definitely try.

I wanted to share bits of my Tag 1. I don't have any of the supplies he used so I improvised, which is really the point of all of this. Use whatcha got on the cool techniques he shows!


Edit Jan 12th: And here's the finished tag! My husband and brother-in-law exchanged donations to favorite charities instead of gifts. I made a certificate and wrapped it up with this tag for his Christmas.








Here's a link to Tim's Day 1 tag.

I used a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder on Co'ordinations paper. The grungeboard noel letters are were painted silver then covered in German glass glitter. The pinecones are real - just painted and glittered. The foliage is a combination of Sizzix Sizzlits, a Bigz die and punches. I used different color greens and touched with white paint and rock candy Stickles. I still need to touch the edges with brown ink and curl them so they're not so flat. I'm considering more swirls to use with the "noel". I'd cut from grungepaper and cover in the same glass glitter. And I still have to make the baubles. :) I'll show the finished tag soon! 

If you want to see some real 12 Tags magic, visit Shelly Hickox. She blows me away with every project!

So, anyway, I'm still around! Ha! The family is coming in for an early Christmas this weekend and it's smooth sailing (a/k/a studio time) for me after. [Edit Jan 12th: if only that ended up being true!] I hope your days are festive and fun!

Cheers,
Susan

No comments: