Monday, July 4, 2011

TBS DT: Sketch and Christmas in July

Hello crafty friends! I hope all our American readers are having fabulous Independence Day celebrations. Today we celebrate the adoption of the Declaration of Independence.  July 4, 1776 was a monumental day in the history of the newly formed United States of America. Today we celebrate with parties, fireworks and pools. It's one big birthday party for the nation. Happy birthday!

So, with that said... at The Beary Scrap we're in the midst of our July Sketch Challenge. The design team is shaking it up a bit by adding a Christmas in July theme to our projects. Notice how that happens to go with our Christmas in July blog candy? Hey, we planned it right!

Of course, I'm ignoring the fact that I'm posting a Christmas card on July 4th...  but can't red and green be considered national colors, too? *grin*


This is Magnolia's "Tilda with Fir" and happens to be the stamp included with our challenge blog candy. Isn't she adorable? This is a pretty simple card made with papers that really seemed to do the designing work for me. They are from a Webster's Pages 6x6 pack. See the background paper? I used the front of the stack for this layer. Underneath the plaid layer is the "petit papers" logo - it's like getting an extra sheet in an already fabulous paper pad!

Card Recipe
Thanks so much for visiting today! Please join our Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge - all entries are eligible to win our blog candy as well as the $20 gift voucher! It goes on through July 14th - I hope to see *your* fun projects!

Cheers,
Susan

3 comments:

Christina C. said...

Your creation is absolutely exquisite.....spectacular coloring and design!!!!

Jill said...

Hi Susan!
Thanks so much for the sweet comments on my blog, I really appreciate it!
First time on your blog and I'm totally blown away! So much beauty you create, love your card here, but all the other stuff too, and your pins...totally gorgeous! I don't know how this Etsy shop work, but I understand I have to figure out :)
I'm now off to be a follower of your blog and really looking forward to see more!
Big hugs, Jill

Faye said...

How pretty and it's made me feel like eating a mince pie. I hate mince pies! Luuuuuverly card. xx