|Click for a bigger, better view!|
The tag is cut using the Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplate die. I used the Madison Avenue Dress Shop Glitter paper. Ages ago I cut out the dress form from this paper but never used the rest of it. Luckily I cut close enough to the form that I was able to use the sewing machine image as a design element on this tag, weeks later. Yay for pack rats!
As I was finishing this, I knew I'd make another one that would fix things I didn't like. Unfortunately I didn't plan any of the design except the dress form and crinoline flower. The sewing came late and the corseting after that. Unfortunately I had already added a back panel to cover the sewing bits so the corseting is visible on back.
The stamp in the upper corner is from the Tim Holtz Haberdashery set, and should be embossed instead of flat. I like the image there, but not it's flatness.
The twine on the faux spool is from the Madison Avenue collection, and the needle from my stash. And here's the rest of the story:
- Paper - My Mind's Eye Madison Avenue: "Pretty" Dress Shop Glitter; "Cherish" Pintuck on the back; dress form and faux thread spool are cut from Madison Ave's "Girlfriends" Lovely Glittered Paper
- Medium - Ranger Distress Ink's Vintage Photo layered over Spun Sugar in the edges, and Spun Sugar on the flower layers; Glimmer Mist
- Embellishments - My Mind's Eye Madison Avenue: "Happily Ever After" Trim on the thread spool and rhinestone buttons Kaisercraft Pearls in Latte; Baby Pink Seam Binding on the corseting, and both Baby Pink and Ivory as the tag's hanger; lace, eyelets and needle charm from stash
- Tools - Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix dies: Tattered Florals, Tag & Bookplate and Sewing Room die
- Adhesives - 1/4" Scor-Tape; 1/8" 3D Dots; Fabri-Tac