Update: the fabulous ladies over at Practical Scrappers chose this card as one of the winners for their Patterned Paper challenge. Thanks so much!
What a beautiful weekend we had! We worked non-stop on the landscaping, and still have much to do. Where do all those weeds come from?! Yesterday we went to the garden center for flowering goodies and it seemed like the whole town was there, too. Yay for spring!
Over at The Beary Scrap this week is our second Beary Sweet Challenge, and we're looking for
All week the design team will show you our take on this fun challenge. We hope to see you each day for new inspiration.
I fell in love with this folded frame technique when I saw it on Theresa Pollack's entry in our last challenge. "Hmm...", I thought to myself. "What can I do with this?" I pondered and poked and poked and pondered until I thought, "Ooh, even better... What would our dear distressing Gini do with this fancy fold?" Of course, light bulbs clicked on above my head as I channeled my "Inner-Gini". (Ok, so maybe I only distressed the flap edges and not the whole card, but I'm still claiming Gini. *grin*) She's got a really cool style and constantly inspires and challenges me.
Now, before I forget or go off on a tangent, this technique can be found over at Splitcoast Stampers, an excellent resource for all kinds of new-to-me ideas.
The flaps are rolled a bit to give dimension. They're distressed with scissors and inked, and I'm still on the fence about using a brown Distress Ink on the edges. The dogwood branches were made some time last year for a scrapbook layout and never used. Now they finally have a home!
- Stamptacular Sunday #59: Lovely As A Tree!
- City Crafter #4: Pink and Green (Ok, this might be a stretch... *grin*)
- PaperPlay #19: Brown and ?
- ABC-Challenge: U is for Unused (homemade pink dogwood branch made last year)
- Your Next Stamp #16: Cut It Out And Pop It Up
- Creative Inspirations #60: Fairies
- Pile It On #19: Photo Inspiration - I chose the pinks/greens/browns of the photo
- Practical Scrappers: Patterned Paper
- Stamp - Magnolia's Heartbreaker Edwin
- Paper - Bazzill Basics inTruffle; Basic Grey Kioshi; Neenah for Edwin
- Medium - Prismacolor pencils with OMS; Glimmer Mist Pearl; Stickles Star Dust and Lime Green; Colorbox Chalk Ink
- Embellishments - Kaisercraft Pearls in Snow; Miscellaneous stash
Thanks so much for stopping in - I'll see you soon!