Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DZ Doodles DT - Tweet! Tweet!

Hello! It's Tuesday, and that means it's DZ Doodles Day! This week is our first sketch challenge and Gini, our Challenge Chicky Coordinator said, "Find your own darn sketch!" *verybiggrin* So I did! I really liked the sketch over at Sketch Girl, and this is what I created:
This DZ digi is called Sparrow, and I flipped it in Photoshop before printing. This little birdie is perched on a digi stick, but I edited it so I could use a twig of my own. Oh, and I made him into a Robin in honor of all the little birdies in my yard these days. He's layered for dimension (of course!), and colored with Prismacolor pencils. 
I had a little difficulty with the three horizontal elements on the sketch. I originally wanted to do a small branch or three twigs, but it just didn't fly. You know how frustrating it is when what you've created in your mind doesn't translate to real life, right? (Oh man, that's applicable for wayyy more than paper crafts!) I settled on the little crocheted ribbon elements to keep in the spirit of the sketch.

The flowers are a combination of Prima and stash roses. It's a very simple "bouquet" and I'm proud of myself for leaving the Stickles in their jar. The big orange flower came that way - I swear!
So now it's YOUR turn to challenge yourself with a sketch of your choice! Here's how:
The lucky winner will be announced on Wednesday, April 21st, and will win 2 DZ doodles of their choice! Good Luck :)

Challenges
 Card Recipe
  • Stamp: Sparrow
  • Paper: K&Co/Amy Butler; Bazzill; Neenah
  • Medium: Prismacolor pencils; chalk ink
  • Embellishments: Prima flower; roses, leaves lace, and pearls from stash; twig from back yard
Thanks for your visit today - I really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Susan

10 comments:

NGCARDS said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Chelsea said...

Simple, Sweet and Oh-So Pretty. The flower match so well with paper. Love it all. ~Chelsea

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a lovely take on the sketch. Your bird looks so realistic! The lace and pearls are just the right touch. So happy to see you playing along with Sketch Girl!!

Rosemary said...

Oh, I love this - the dimension and all the textures as well. You let loose those Stickles any time you want and I believe you about that one flower being that way to begin with!

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Jess said...

So happy you chose Sketch Girl! Your card and color job is truly stunning! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl!

Jana said...

Oooooh. How gorgeous. Love this little birdie. Your layering is perfect. And that branch (twig) is a wonderful touch. I just used one on an owl ATC I made. Great minds... Thank you for playing with us at Opus Gluei.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

That bird looks so real! Lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Girl!

Lelia Pierce said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! You rock, girlfriend!

Hugs,
Lelia

Valerie said...

Susan you did a beautiful job on this card...I would have never thought to use this bird till you used it and now I'm in LOVE..I love everything about it the coloring ROCKS!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful!!

xoxo,
Lori