Hello! It's Tuesday, and that means it's DZ Doodles Day! This week is our first sketch challenge and Gini, our Challenge
Chicky Coordinator said, "Find your own darn sketch!" *verybiggrin* So I did! I really liked the sketch over at Sketch Girl, and this is what I created:
This DZ digi is called Sparrow, and I flipped it in Photoshop before printing. This little birdie is perched on a digi stick, but I edited it so I could use a twig of my own. Oh, and I made him into a Robin in honor of all the little birdies in my yard these days. He's layered for dimension (of course!), and colored with Prismacolor pencils.
I had a little difficulty with the three horizontal elements on the sketch. I originally wanted to do a small branch or three twigs, but it just didn't fly. You know how frustrating it is when what you've created in your mind doesn't translate to real life, right? (Oh man, that's applicable for wayyy more than paper crafts!) I settled on the little crocheted ribbon elements to keep in the spirit of the sketch.
So now it's YOUR turn to challenge yourself with a sketch of your choice! Here's how:
- Make any kind of project using a DZ DOODLES image
- Link it up at our DZ Doodles Design Team blog
- Deadline to enter is Monday, April 19th @ 12 midnight
- Sketch Girl #15 - Sketch
- Creative Inspirations #55 - Green, Brown Blue
- Order of the Opus Gluei #59 - For the Birds
- Stamp: Sparrow
- Paper: K&Co/Amy Butler; Bazzill; Neenah
- Medium: Prismacolor pencils; chalk ink
- Embellishments: Prima flower; roses, leaves lace, and pearls from stash; twig from back yard