Monday, April 5, 2010

The Beary Scrap is Bloomin' Fun!

Hello hello! Thanks so much for stopping in today. I hope everyone had a beautiful weekend. It was stunning here in Maryland! We had sunshine and temperatures in the 70's. The whole neighborhood was out doing yard work, and more than a few of us have sunburns to prove it. *wink*
This week your Beary Scrappy Girls are full of Bloomin' Fun! Here's my take on this week's theme:
Today I would like to introduce you to Stampavie's "Star Girl with Bouquet". Isn't she a breath of fresh, Spring air? While this delightful stamp is the focus for this card, I don't want you to miss the incredible Daisy Bucket Design's "Playful" paper.

While shopping online for this week's theme, I fell in love with the paper's colors and blooms, and when I received it I couldn't believe the texture. I know, I know, Kimm says on the listing that it's textured paper, but I was thinking it would be something like Bazzill's Grass Cloth or another slightly textured paper. Oh, no! It's this wonderful 3-dimensional texture on paper that has a thickness falling somewhere between thin scrapbook paper and card stock (like Bazzill). I'm not exaggerating when I say it's lush... LUSH! Ok maybe a little, but I am absolutely in love with it! 
(Click for a detailed peek)
Ok, back to the darling "Star Girl with Bouquet". Here's a close-up of her layered and Stickle'd flowers. If you look closely you can see a slight shimmer on her apron. I dipped a tiny paintbrush into Glimmer Mist Pearl and painted it. How cool is that?
I know a lot of folks use Copics, and there are few really good papers "out there". I'm happy to tell you that The Beary Scrap now sells one of the best available: Neenah Classic Crest Cardstock in Solar White. This is a beautiful coloring surface for both Copics *and* Prismacolor Pencils. You'll find Neenah 110lb in stock today, and 80lb is on it's way!  

To finish this card off, I've used a host of Prima flowers, including ones from Kimm's special stash she sends with everyone's order. Thanks Kimm!

I used the sketch from Midnight Madness #47, and I have to say it kicked my butt! I recently found a Crop-A-Dile II on a clearance rack and figured I'd give it a try. It made this challenge SO much easier!
Challenges

Card Recipe
That's it for me! Thanks again for stopping in, and I'll see you soon.

Cheers,
Susan

19 comments:

Jen Shults said...

This is gorgeous Susan! I love how you popped up the flowers... so gorgeous!

Lelia Pierce said...

Woot! Look at all the dimension on this baby! Lovely as usual, Susan! You are awesome!

Hugs,
Lelia

Deanna said...

This is beautiful!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW

Sassy Scrapper said...

Oh sweetie what a beautiful card! I love the image she is sooooo cute and how you popped the flowers gives the bouquet such fullness. Gosh and that paper is to die for I think I may have to get my hands on some of that. The colors you chose are fabulous and the lace adds such a soft touch. Sue you did a fabulous job with the sketch!
Hugs Bonnie

Chelsea said...

Wonderful springy and airy card! Love all those pop up details and of course those papers are gorgeous. I can see all the texture you are talking about. So beautiful. ~Chelsea

Elise said...

OH Susan! This is GORGEOUS! Spring just *sings* beautifully on your card! This little image is so cheerful and lovely and the way you've popped those flowers is amazing! What GORGEOUS colors and the DP's are perfect! Everything here is just soooo STUNNING! I love it!
Hugs,
Elise

Michelle's Daydreams said...

What a sweet and cheery card! I love the dp and lace around the little girl. Thanks for playing along with us this week. Michelle MMDT

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty!! Just love your image and colors with the dimension!! Awesome take on the MMSC sketch!! Thanks for joining us this week!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is simply adorable. I love all your dimension in your very cute image. I know first hand how difficult that is to achieve when you have such a little area to cut around...but it's well worth the effort. Simply a charming and enchanting card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my what a beauty this is that gorgeous image and colours are so bright and cheerful I love the lace around the mount and those papers are so lush yummy.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Bev said...

What a sweet card, the image is adorable! Thanks for joining Stampavie this week x

Di said...

WOW beautiful card i love all your colours, the image is sooo cute and your design work is amazing!
Thanks for joining Colour Create, Hugs Di xxxx

Priscilla said...

Super sweet and you can't get much more spring than this..LOL wonderful colors and great detail. Sneak Peek is posted, can't wait to see what you will do next. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Joanne said...

Such a beautiful card! Your image is darling! Thanks for joining us at LRW:)
Joanne xo

Valerie said...

too flippin cute!!! I just LOVE the image!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Susan - this is fabulous! I love to use a paint brush with glimmer mist for precision work - it looks fabulous here! Your image is gorgeous and so beautifully coloured. The lace is a lovely touch and the lacing is perfect! Love it! Thank you for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we appreciate your support and love to visit with you! We look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Mina said...

beautiful card Susan, your 3d work on the flowers is gorgeous...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Chat Noir said...

Hi Susan, love the image and how the flowers really pop out. She's beautiful.

Rosemary said...

Hello! Glad you participated on the Opus Gluei challenge, she is a beautiful girl and yes, I agree, a breath of spring. You made me giggle with the comment about stickling the heck out of the flowers, it is a cool effect and with the dimension it really takes a beautiful card to outstanding. Love your projects!