Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Birdsong ACEO

Hello fine folks!  It's Susan here, welcoming you to today's edition of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts demo!  I have an ATC redux to share.


I have a bin of leftover chipboard parts.  This is different from a bin of leftover parts from assembly of, say, a computer or a bicycle; that's usually bad.  My parts bin holds pieces that are partially used but ultimately (gently) rejected for a project.

In this case, it's an ATC/ACEO from the sarcastic frenzy I was on a month or two ago.  One side was ripped off just like this one here, and the other a pretty yellow design.


I've been dying to do a project with birds in hats (have you seen these Little Hats? So cute!) so off I went.

It didn't go so well.

I wanted the hint of a musical background, so I pulled out a fine clear embossing powder and musical notes stamp.  Turned out the stamp details are way too tiny for embossing powder.  then I tried a larger musical stamp with a light brown embossing powder.  Fail.


I went back to the drawing board, or in this case, the paper pad with the yellow paper.  Instead, I found this music note paper and heard a choir of angels sing!  It had nothing to do with my state of overtiredness and mild frustration.  Really.  Ok.  I might've been imagining it.


In mere minutes I Mod Podge'd over both sides and adhered the musical notes paper and it's coordinating reverse on each side.  Once the papers were dry, I used a straight edge to cut off the excess.

I used the same Mod Podge to attach the three elements.  (The bird was a fiddly and wouldn't wear a hat, so I gave up on that idea.)

Once those layers were dry I cleaned up the edges with sandpaper, painted them with Archival Brilliance Galaxy Gold and Coffee Bean inks, then finished with a matte varnish.



 
 

Thanks for your visit today! 

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used

Other Supplies Used
MME /Lost & Found/ Sunshine 6x6 paper
K & Co Brenda Walton Design Elements
1/8" snap-together letter stamps
Archival Brilliance - Coffee Bean Ink
Liquitex Basics matte varnish
Mod Podge - matte

No comments: