Saturday, January 28, 2012

Painted Ladies

Hello crafty friends! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. I spent the last few days tooling around with my sister in Washington, DC. It was crazy warm - perfect to walk around in (I won't tell you about the wind, though). We found a few old treasures, but the best part was getting together - it's been a year and a half!

Today I want to share a card featuring painted chipboard butterflies. I used Jacquard Lumiere acrylic paints, and Ranger's Liquid Pearls and Stickles. The antennae are made from craft wire.



And here's a detail from the inside:


I really love the rich colors of Prima's "Fairy Flora" paper line! The vine is from a Cheery Lynn metal die, called "Fanciful Flourish".

Thanks for visiting today!

Cheers,
Susan

3 comments:

Heather Jacob said...

wow your work is sensational .. love the colors and your attention to detail .... fabulous artwork xxo

Handmade in Israel said...

Such a pretty card, Susan. Hope you had fun with your sister.
Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog!

Terri said...

Beautiful! Love those butterflies. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too!