Saturday, December 3, 2011

Vintage Christmas Altered Altoid Tin

Hiya folks! You might know I like to haunt the halls over at Craftster.org. I joined a Vintage Christmas Altered Altoid Tin swap and here's what I made:



The tin is perched atop a wood candlestick from the craft store. I painted it black then swooshed a little gold here and there. The knob at the top got the same treatment. The Santa image is from Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium. The 8x8 pack is chock-full of gorgeousness!

There are three layers including the base one with the fireplace. then Santa with kids and the last layer is just the kids. Two of the stockings are layered, also.


This little sign covered a bump created when I had to add a teeny tiny nail to hold the tin to the paper. I thought my mighty glue would work, but it pulled away enough to make me nervous, so the nail went in after the tin was finished. Of course I couldn't find one with a perfectly flat head!





The back is also G45, including the "special delivery" tag and little postage stamps. I know my swap partner received the today but I won't get mine until Monday. She's wicked talented so I'll be sure to show you hers too!

Cheers,
Susan

No comments: