Tuesday, April 23, 2019

There's A Cure

Hello crafty friends!  I'm on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog today sharing a tongue-in-cheek altered tin.


As a frame for the tin, I used the Altoids Fairy Tale Inserts.  This is a set of three, each with a two-part decorative label holder.  Here are the other two in the set:


For a textured surface, I tapped an embossing ink pad on the frame then sprinted embossing powder all over it (over a separate piece of paper so I could pour the excess back into the jar).


The heat gun worked it's magic and the embossing powder melted into a wonderful black and white textured surface.


I dabbed black paint onto the label frame surface, then used a brown brush pen to even out the color on the label's edges.


Attach the insert with a line of glue around the tin.


I used both parts of the label, and helped the glue set up with clothes pins.  Since the embossed surface is textured, I glued the label to the tin using strong E-6000.






I hope I haven't shocked you too much... I do like to raise eyebrows every once in a while!

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
Altoids Fairy Tale Inserts #YB23A

Other Supplies Used
Tim Holtz paper, washi tape, metal knob
Seth Apter Baked Texture - Rocky Road
Seth Apter Vintage Beeswax


No comments: