Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Jewelry "Build A Line" Challenge, Accepted!

Hello creative folks! As you might imagine by the lack of projects posted last year, I wasn't exactly prolific with my paper passion. This, that, and the other took precedence and many paper projects started have not been finished yet. They will be, I promise! ...Especially an awesome 3D Christmas themed piece I can't wait to share.

But! That's not why I'm here today. I want to share my new adventure with you!

One thing I did manage to do last year was develop a healthy obsession with vintage costume jewelry. Oh, the auction sites I've seen! I've purchased many lots and, along with the pretty pieces I can wear or put in my vintage jewelry Etsy shop, I also have a bunch of pieces that really aren't salvageable. Soooo, off to the web I went to learn about repurposing vintage costume jewelry, and I found Brenda Sue Landsdowne at B'Sue Boutiques. She is an experienced maker and generous with her time and knowledge, both with her Facebook Creative Group and her YouTube channel


This month through March she is is hosting a challenge/master class to build a line of jewelry, and offering her expertise to those of us signed up to learn the skills (and discipline?) of making a line of jewelry. There are nearly 60 of us! Of course we have to feature items from her shop in our designs, but that won't be a challenge for any of us as she stocks a huge amount of high quality components. 

This challenge will also help me develop the skills to make one-of-a-kind vintage assemblage jewelry - combining gorgeous old rhinestone pieces with new components to make truly unique necklaces, bracelets, earrings, brooches and stick pins. 

For this challenge we will all participate in 3 blog hops, the first on in 9 days. I'll be able to share a little of my design ideas and progress photos. Wait, did I just write "9 days"?!?! Yikes. I've got to get to work fast!

I hope you will join me on this journey to learn new skills. *wink* I'm practicing coloring raw brass with various mediums now. It's going... umm... err... Well, I can tell you it's going. I'll still share paper projects as I make them --or at least start them!-- including a Hallowe'en In Wonderland mini album I have on the shelf.


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your day is filled with creativity in any form.

Cheers,
Susan