Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vintage Toddler In A Tiara ATC

Hiya! Wow two posts in two days - when it rains it pours, eh? I wanted to share the last of the crafty weekend swaps. We could either do a tin, matchbox or ATC, and on this one I chose an ATC, then made it stand up... which probably disqualifies it as a true ATC, but whatever. I'm not too worried about it!

This time I had to work with the "child beauty pageant" theme. Boy, was that eye-opening when I did a little "google research". Yikes, is all I have to say about it. I chose to stay in my vintage comfort zone so I didn't have nightmares.


I gave my little beauty queen a pink netting skirt with a layer of loopy ribbon. I think that ribbon is Webster's Pages, from a year or two ago... it's another thing I've been hoarding. :) Or maybe it's May Arts?


You can see a little more of the stand from the back. The whole thing is two pieces of heavy cardboard that were glued and braced together with lining sheets that went from the top (at the watermark), were scored at the joint and continued to the edge of the base. The same thing with this purple lattice layer. It all stays pretty true to the proper 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" (64mm x 89mm) ATC size, although a little taller because of the base.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Cheers,
Susan

2 comments:

Jill said...

Fabulous creation Susan with some amazing details.
Fantastic and creative like always!
Hope you are fine :)
Hugs

Unknown said...

It's great! Saw it on Crafster. Now I am your fan)))