Monday, October 24, 2011

TBS DT: Double Santas

Hello hello crafty friends! It's another Monday and my first post with the Beary Scrap Design Team's new "Double or Nothing" challenge. I'm really hoping to see a "double, double, toil and trouble" entry... I'll leave that to everyone else, though. I've moved on to Christmas! I have loads of Halloween under my belt this year and am past ready for the red and green. :)

I've used the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas - both the 12x12 collection pack and the 6x6 paper pad. I was able to double up three times - so cool! I used two types of ribbon - crochet and velvet ric-rac; two different cardstock die-cuts from the 12x12 collection pack; and, two layers of Santa, and two beaded pins from my own Killam Creatables collection. Fun!


I really wanted to showcase this wonderfully traditional Santa on this page from the 6x6 pad. I used one full page and cut his second layer from the second page in the pack. His beard is colored in with Frosted Lace Stickles, coat and hat trim covered with a snowy effect from the craft store, and his belt and boots are painted with Glossy Accents.

Edges are inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and sewn with my trusty Singer. The Santa layer and die-cuts are raised up a bit with Glue Dots. Pearls are Kaisercraft Latte.

Thanks for visiting today! Our current "Double or Nothing" Challenge goes on through October 31st. All the details are HERE - you could win a $20 gift voucher from The Beary Scrap!

Cheers,
Susan

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Susan.
luv
Debby

Jill said...

Fantastic card Susan!
I love your doubles :)
Lovely design and your pins are just amazing...
HUgs, Jill