Monday, May 2, 2011

TBS DT: Tilda Jumps for Joy!

Hello crafty friends! It's Monday after a busy gardening weekend, which means I'm feeling achy but good after all that weeding. Phew! Who knew some weeds just don't die over the winter? I've got this wicked grassy stuff that sends out runners and .... oh my, you don't need to hear about my herb bed woes. Let's take a look at this week's Beary Scrap Design Team card, then! *So* much more fun.

We have a new sketch challenge for you, and I was inspired to color up a Magnolia stamp. I *know*! It's been a long time, but Tilda doesn't seem to be bothered - she's jumping for joy!


I layered her up and used copious amounts of Star Dust Stickles. The papers are the fun and springy Old World Cabbage Stew from Jillibean Soup. The butterflies are vintage images printed and cut out - I added wire antennae and Stickles for a little more detail. The pins are homemade.

Our Beary Sweet Sketch challenge goes on through May 14 - we'd love to see your entries based on this sketch. C'mon over and play!


Card Recipe
Challenges, Please [Wow! I haven't been able to enter so many in AGES! Thanks for your consideration!]


Thanks for visiting me today! I hope you enjoyed my Tilda, too.

Cheers,
Susan

16 comments:

Heidi said...

Stunning!
Beautiful colours and details:)
Hugs, Heidi:)

Carrie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for popping by my blog and for your lovely comment, I really appreciate it.
Hugs
Carrie
xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is gorgeous, love your papers and your hand finished butterflies and pins, fab paper piecing too, thanks for joining us at TT, hugs Liz and Susie xx

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors, that Tilda image is too cute and I love the butterflies too!

Mary Lou said...

Hi there Susan!!! This is a STUNNER!!! Wow I love the detail in this card!! So much for admire!!1
Thanks so much for your visits and sweet love~~DEeply appreciated and have to tell you that I love TBS challenge blog ;D
Hugz

Cor* said...

Beauts baby! I don't do weeds, but I do Tilda for sure! LOVELY! OMG I am totally in love with that sketch, I may have to get in on that one! Perfect! Thanks for showing off your piecing style with us at Totally Tilda this fortnight! Hugs Corry & the TT team!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colour work. This card is stuffed with gorgeousness! Hugs, Lesley

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW this is gorgeous!!! I just love all the little details you've added!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week
xXx

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful card!!! Loving all of the details. I LOVE THAT Sketch with your over all ocolors and details.. it's perfect..
hugs and thanks for joining us at MDUC this week.
Janiel

Fran said...

Gorgeous card, I love your use of ribbon and lace :) Thanks for joining us this week at MDUC!!

annes paperfun said...

Oh..my!!!
Your card is gorgeous.
Love the colours and details!
Thank you for joining us at MDUC this week.
Hugs Anne Kristine

lesleyworth said...

lovely card! all the layers are gorgeous! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Hels Sheridan said...

Such a pretty card... thanks for joining in with the Artistic Stamper challenge

Minxy said...

A gorgeous girlie card indeed, thanks for playing along with the artistic stamper challenge :D

Artyjen said...

Certainly is a gorgeous girl! Thanks for joining us at The Artistic Stamper challenge this month :)
xoxo Sioux

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a lovely piece.