Sunday, January 24, 2010

Introducing Satine

Spectacular! Spectacular!

Thanks so much for stopping in! This is a new Sassy Studio Designs image, given as a freebie to those who joined our last release party. Moulin Rouge is one of my favorite movie musicals - enough of a fav to acually buy the DVD, which I rarely do unless it's a great flick.


   
I tried to copy the costume from the movie but had trouble making it sparkly enough. The fishnet stocking idea came from my darling DT buddy, Anita. Click on her name and you'll see her Sassy hottie. 

Challenges
Recipe

  • Stamp: Sassy Studio Designs - Satine
  • Papers: Bazzill CS, Co'oredinations, Basic Gray
  • Medium: Prismacolor pencils, Copic Spica, Micron .005, chalk ink
  • Embellishments: Crochet ribbon from stash, making Memories Vintage Findings pins, Swarovski crystals on butterflies, a whopping big cubic zirconia from Grandma G's attic clean-out years ago, metal flourish from a great eBay store called Accent Factory.
I'll come back in a bit (er, maybe Monday) for more details. I've spent most of my day on this card and laundry calls. :)

Cheers!
Susan

9 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a fabulous card! The image is terrific, but I really love all the collage pieces you have added. That touch of red here and there really give this piece a bit of a kick! And I am lusting after that metal corner! All in all, a great piece of work!

Sara said...

WOW!!! Susan this is gorgeous!!!

Scrapishments said...

Susan, I love it! You know who this girl reminds me of?...Rose from the Titanic movie, her hair and the features of her face...I saw it right away :) You did a beautiful job! LOVE IT!!!

Luthien Thye said...

OMG!! this card is gorgeous!! just the colors make me smile :) moulin rouge ... one of my favs too :))

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! I luv all the details.

xoxo,
Lori

Cassie_lu said...

she looks amazing as does the card. the details are wonderful as is the shabby chic look and the fishnet stockings.

Laurel said...

Wow, this is amazing! Great card!

Unknown said...

i love it! and that is really clever how u got ur inspiration! that is one i wouldnt have gotten lol! then again, your card is full of fashion, and well, our ad just screams fashion this week! thanks for playing along at the Shoe!!!!
tracey

lesleyworth said...

LOVE IT! Just draws the eye in! And the story behind it is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Shoe!