Thursday, December 19, 2019

Vintage Christmas Greeting Cards

Hello crafty friends! This month's Alpha Stamps kit is called Vintage Victorian Ornaments and is darling! Along with the gorgeous Vintage Saga papers, it comes with 2 wooden shapes that cried out for Christmas cards. (Er, I only heard the round ornament shape since the mitten shape was muffled... Get it? Muffled? Ok, even though I know I'm funny, I won't quit my day job...)

So, back to the kit we go!

This kit was perfect timing for my annual Christmas card projects. I pull out all the laces and flowers and pearly bits I don't usually use during the year and it resets my brain. Also, I like the sound of my sewing machine and pretty much only use it on non-clothing projects. Although, I did make about 8 pairs of flannel lounge pants one year... but I digress.

For the first wooden ornament, I traced it on the back of the Vintage Saga paper and cut it out a little outside my pencil lines. I used a sharp blade to cut most of the holes out knowing I'd be able to clean it up once glued to the ornie.

To make things a little easier, the second wooden ornie was glued to the back of the musical papers *then* cut out (once dried). I knew I'd use a gold Dresden scrap to mimic a metal ornament cap so no other cutting was necessary. I poked the hole with a pen tip, which pushed the excess paper through the hole neatly. I used White Adhesive Foam to raise the ornaments off the card surface. I love the dimension with these cards!

I lined up the "uplifted gates" gates text with the ornament shape and paired it with the Harp Charm and the angel paper. It works!

The mix of Flat-Back Pearls came handy to give it more details. I dotted the pearl location and used a bit of wax to pick up the pearls and place them on the glue dots.

More of the pretty papers inside, too!

I love how this ornament came out. Once the musical paper was dried and cut out, I used fine sandpaper to clean up the edges, and a brown brush marker to even out the edge color.  I trimmed a piece of Mixed Roses Dresden Scraps and adhered over the musical paper with a thin layer of Mod Podge (on the back of the roses, that is).

I used the Cotton Lace on both cards. This one has two strips sewn back-to-back to appear wider. Vintage green velvet ribbon from my stash topped the sewn edges for a pop of color.

The Wooden Cut-Outs - Numerals 25 got a watery coat of iridescent paint for just a hint of gold.

Thanks so much for your visit today! You can find all the wonderful Alpha Stamps supplies I've used HERE.

Happy holidays, friends!