Monday, April 22, 2013

New Pins!

Hi folks! If you've been following along with my bumbles over the last few years you'll know the progression of my beaded pins.

Pin set on one of my cards - click to see the post

If not, it sort of goes like this: First I started using them on my own cards and, upon suggestions and requests added stick pin sets to my Etsy shop. I eventually added single pins with larger beads and a sturdier base wire. I don't make a lot of sets anymore, mostly since they're more work and use more materials. I know I reached the maximum price possible. There are so many sellers out there selling sets for pennies, and I won't do that to myself!

Pins made in January 2012

While I've been making fun faceted crystal pins, I've been building a collection of authentic Czech glass beads and crystals, semi-precious stones, genuine Swarovski crystals and pearls, truly vintage faceted crystals and beads as well as made-in-the-USA pewter findings.

My beautiful collection is also "Inventory", according to the resident accountant/tax man/husband. As happens each year, taxes were filed and -according to him- inventory is too high. *sigh*

So, introducing a new line of heirloom-quality pins!


They might not look too different to you, but the materials are all top-notch and worthy of years and years of use. I'll be adding this first batch to the shop today, as I edit the photos. Material details will be in each listing so you can choose from Swarovski to vintage.

Thanks for visiting today! I hope your weather is more seasonal than mine. I broke down and turned the heat on this morning since the house was 58. Yikes!

Cheers,
Susan

1 comment:

joyce said...

These are truly unique and beautiful. I'm a new follower and looking forward to watchin your collection grow.