Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #164

Or, What's (Not) On Your Workdesk, Susan? Sheeps. It's busy here, but I'm in the midst of a card and trying to figure out the embellishments.


Actually, I'm trying to figure out the embellishments with what I already have on hand rather than running out to the fabric or craft stores. I've always been woefully short on black lace, trim and flowers and always end up scrambling and scrounging. I can see a black binge coming on...

So, what's on the desk? A card using G45's Halloween in Wonderland and all the mismatched bits I'm trying out. On the floor is the adhesive bin from the black Iris stand behind it. A Cropper Hopper sleeve with orange scraps. Beyond that - see the clear plastic thing? - is an over-the-door shoe rack that I was using for wood mounted stamps and punches. I've had it around for about 10 years and it finally gave up on me and tore away from the hooks. Right now I'm just walking around it until I can go to Target for a replacement.

It's been hard to figure out what to do with this paper. I'm not a huge Alice fan *gasp* but got the paper on a screamin' deal a couple of months ago.

"Buy it and the ideas will come", said the voice in my head. :)

Thanks for visiting. As always, I will try my best to visit your desk before next WOYWW. If I sit at the laptop I can fly through like a witch on a broom, but the iPad (which I use 97.6% of the time) is a little wonky with commenting on blogger blogs so it takes longer. Anyone else have this problem?I use the iPad 2, but I'm not sure it matters.

Cheers,
Susan

7 comments:

Darla said...

I am not a big Alice fan either...#102, I do make Alice stuff for those that are .. :)

LiliansArt said...

popping in from woyww. Thanks for sharing your productive mess. Lol

Gita said...

I always saw the G45 paper but never bought it. I recently saw some cut ideas at the scrapbook expo and now want to get my hands on some of the paper. :-) Have fun and good luck getting your stuff done.

Trish Latimer said...

Hmmm me neither, don't 'get' the whole Alice thing to be honest!! happy woyww! Trish #55

Julia Dunnit said...

I can comment on 20 blogs on the PC in the time it takes to do about 4 on iPad. The keypad freezes, the auto correct fails and it's a pig, generally. Mac and Google have to talk!!
I like the 'buy it and the ideas will come' maxim...sadly, too true!

Katie said...

The card is looking fab! I use my PC and just pull up a dozen blogs in tabs then work my way through them :) Works really well!


Katie (109)

Shoshi said...

I'm not into Alice either - I haven't made anything on that theme. I can see the attraction though, because it's vintage, very visual, and everybody recognises it without lengthy explanations!

Your embellishments look very interesting. I am sure you will come up with something nice!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #51