Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #161

Happy Independence Day to everyone in the US! It's a "regular" day around here, but I did put a pork butt in the slow cooker before my first coffee. Let's just say it was confusing. I had to check my spices a couple of times before adding to the mix... not that an overage of anything would really matter that much after 8 hours of cooking. :)

Happy WOYWW to everyone! What's WOYWW, you wonder? Pop on over to Julia's to see a master list of desks you can peek at - it's fun!


I'm still on my jewelry kick. Yesterday I pulled out rings for a chainmaille bracelet I haven't made in almost 2 years. It's a basic weave and one most new chainmaillers start out on... and I couldn't remember how to do it. I spent HOURS with online tutorials and very little patience... not a good combination! Add a lot of stubbornness to the mix and I just couldn't walk away. I eventually got it, though. *Phew!*

I started to clear out my hideous closet and found a bunch of Magnolia Ink magazines that I'll put on eBay. I have the premier issue through to the end of last year. They are really lovely magazines but I don't stamp my Magnolias much anymore and I figure someone else will be happy to have them.

The card on the stand was a lovely gift from my blogging friend Jill. I absolutely adore her (both the card and Jill!)

The blue boxes are ring bins from leftover jewelry or rings I've cut for a piece yet to be made. The butane torch is for making my own ball-end head pins. The bag of blue beads is a mix that reminds me of summer and the beach. I'll make a dangle-y bracelet out of those.

What you don't see is the pile of Halloween papers moaning to be used. If I was shoved in a corner and ignored I'd moan, too. :)

No reason for you to moan! Join use at WOYWW and you'll be able to see all kinds of work spaces all over the world. :)

Cheers,
Susan

5 comments:

Darla said...

Don't know if I would even know my way around the kitchen without that first cuppa! #115

Neil said...

Hi there. Nice to pop in and see your creative world this week. I won't stay long; don't want to give you my cold! Hope you have a good creative week though.
Neil # 33

scrappymo! said...

Your desk looks so tidy and you sound very organized about your current and planned projects!

Neet said...

What I want to know is why are we not seeing that chainmaille you just did?
Lovely tidy desk this week - thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Neet #3 xx

EELS said...

Hiya Susan, I'm a bit late popping into everyone's site this week but had to stop here and visit.
Your Ink mags will definitely do well on ebay, I advertised some last year and one sold for nearly AUS$30 I couldn't believe it!
Funny, I don't used my Magnolia stamps anymore either - might sell them too lol.
Cheers,
Elaine