Tuesday, June 26, 2012

{WIP} Peachy Vintage Glass & Pearl Bracelet

Hiya! When I let the dog out at 7:30 this morning it was 62 gorgeous degrees outside. Now I have all the windows open and am looking forward to a glorious day. I'll be in the studio designing new silver jewelry, but the windows are open and the birds are chirping. Ahhh....

I've been collecting vintage glass and crystal beads lately. Originally I wanted to combine them with gorgeous chainmaille weaves, but I'm also enchanted with other non-chainmaille designs. I have a "fine jewelry" Etsy shop that has been *ahem* stagnating for a very long time while I ooh and ahh at the pretty silver wire and assorted vintage bead bins in the studio.

"You can look, but you cannot touch", they seemed to say to me.

Well, I'm touching now! *laugh*

Freshwater pearls wrapped on silver pins

I started working on the dangles the other day and here's a prototype of the bracelet. It's a new design for me so I'm using a base metal wire though the large peach vintage beads for now, and will replace with silver once I'm happy with it. I love the melon facets of the vintage beads!

Vintage glass beads with freshwater pearls and Czech crystals

So that's what I'm up - what about you?

Cheers,
Susan

{WIP} is 'work in progress', and this post is the first of a new series showing the process of moving what's in my head onto my work surface. :)

4 comments:

Jill said...

My oh my Susan, this is absoloutly stunning!!
Will you put any of theese in your Etsy when finished?
Hope so, as I just love homemade jewelery!!
Hope you are all fine sweetie :)
hugs, Jill

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Thanks so much Jill! I'll be restocking the jewelry shop where I use fine, Argentium and sterling silvers. :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KillamCreativeStudio

Cheers,
Susan

Norma Gomez said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL, can't wait to see it when your all done!!

Barb King said...

Those are gorgeous, that color pearl is so classy!