Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #158

Howdy! Hiya! Hello! ...whazzup? *giggle* I never say "howdy" or "whazzup", but they make me laugh this morning, so there you are!

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means, right? Bare it all, baby! Mistress Julia makes it possible for anyone and everyone to throw open the doors and share their workspace. No matter how tidy, messy, boring or chaotic it might seem to YOU, it's probably better than ours so come over to The Stamping Ground and play!

Last night I was doing some assembly-line stuff...


...until this happened:


The lever broke. Gah! See the white parts? They belong inside, not outside. *sigh*

This is the best punch in the world (for me) and gave me 10 good months. Frankly, I expected more than 10 months from a $58 punch, though. As it seems there is only one manufacturer of this kind of punch, I have emailed them to see what can be done. I'll keep you posted on their customer service.

Update: They are sending a new one right away! After I wrote this post I checked email and there was my answer - probably written before their morning coffee. Wow, thanks so much to Dee at Easy Earring Card!

In other news, I had a 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon burning a hole in my pocket the other day. The few things I *needed* were already on sale so I trolled for something else. This is what I found:


Ranger's new Specialty Stamping paper! Of course, it's *only* ATC size, but you get what's available, right? I've wanted to try it and can use the size on cards and tags as well as for ATC's and ACEO's. It's quite smooth! They say you can use alcohol inks on it as well as a host of other mediums. I have to clear off my desk before I can use it, though...

Have *YOU* tried it yet? What is your favorite paper to ink up or stamp on? I'm looking for suggestions!

Happy WOYWW! This week I will visit more desks. :) Yay!

Oh, and guess what?! We're going to spend 6 glorious September days in  and around London. So very excited! I'll be calling out for flea market/car boot sale suggestions as well as off-the-beaten-track places to visit. :) *squee*

Cheers,
Susan

9 comments:

StampinCarol said...

I've never heard of this punch or company so thanks for posting the link. I'll be checking them out shortly. Your desk looks rather neat and clean. Someday maybe mine will...LOL!
Carol #119

Darla said...

Very impressed that your punch will be replaced. That's what I was thinking as I was reading this.. I haven't don't much paper stamping, just tiles with the alcohol inks....#99

Neet said...

Well, that is what I call good after sales service. Well done (but ouch at the price of that punch).
Not tried the paper but seen it being used and it looked kinda good - be interested to have your thoughts on it - but at 40% off who could resist.
Happy WOYWW - Hugs, Neet #59 x

Hazel said...

Excellent customer service - glad the punch is going to be replaced - Hazel WOYWW #82 x

VonnyK said...

Nice to see that there is still some old fashioned customer service around. Can't believe how much the punch cost. No wonder I just paint!
Have a great week.
Von #83

Julia Dunnit said...

Staggered at the price of the punch, but delighted to hear you're getting great service! I've tried the Ranger card, and the next nearest from my office supply...both take Alcohol inks well, so will use the cheapest in future. Guess which *grin*!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Susan, Am sorry am so late, feeling a bit poorly! Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #76 PS like lots of paper to stamp on depends on what I am doing I know I have fav. but mind blank which does not help you at all does it.. sorry!
PPS yes was going to use the stamped flower I did as an atc but too big when done but was not too worried - am going to do brayer ones and stamps-capes for my next two have to make - or that is the plan and when I brayer I like Kromecoate best..

Shoshi said...

Glad the company is replacing your broken punch, Susan. Excellent after sales service! Love the pack of ATCs too - I've always cut my own, from different media according to what I'm going to do on them, including mount board. ATCs are fun - there's something about the discipline of making art on such a small scale, and I just love the idea of swapping around the world!

Of course I'd love to swap with you! I don't mind where in the world I send them - the Atlantic Ocean is no barrier lol!! So glad you like the ATCs I've done so far. I'm going to do some more - hope you can be patient because I'm working hard to get stuff ready for the craft show at church next weekend. I'll email you my snail mail addy.

Sorry to be so long responding but I've been having problems with my comments awaiting moderation not being visible - it turns out it's a Blogger/Firefox problem since the latest Firefox upgrade, so I'm temporarily using IE till they sort it out - hopefully soon!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #15

Chris said...

Hi Susan, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/