Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #159

Hiya! This is really a a WOYWT/WOYWW since chaos happened yesterday and continues today. Beware, gentle readers, I actually got messy in the making... I know. For those of you who don't, I have a little aversion to splotching and glombing and generally making liquid mess. There isn't a clinical diagnosis for my condition unless you want to call it cleanup aversionitis. *grin*


Despite all that, I decided to whip out the acrylic paints, stamps and that new Ranger Specialty Stamping ATC paper from last week. I'm in the middle of Shelly Hickox's Faux Crazed Porcelain technique here.

Here's a very close-up photo of the finished block a little later on... It's a really cool technique - check out Shelly's post for more info on it.


I have more to say about these cards, but it'll be in a separate post. I have to finish them first... I can tell you that I do not like the Ranger Specialty Stamping paper just like I don't like the Copic X-press paper - too smooth and the distress ink looks icky on it.

Thanks for visiting today. If you're keen on seeing the finished card check back tomorrow. There might be whinging about paper, so consider yourself warned. If you're wondering what all *this* blather was about, check with Julia at The Stamping Ground. She makes us reveal our workspace every Wednesday. :)

Cheers,
Susan

14 comments:

craftymonki.com said...

Shelly's technique is awesome isn't it? I'm still on the fence about the paper too, it does give a gorgeous crisp stamped image with archival, but like you say, not so much with distress.

Happy WOYWW

Zoe #57

Hazel said...

Tidy and organised desk. Love that faux crazed porcelain technique. Thanks for sharing your workspace with us. Hope you have a good week. Hazel WOYWW #87 x

Katie said...

That does look fun! Thanks for sharing!

Katie (146)

Sandy said...

Thanks for the link to the tutorial more things to pop on my wish list. That technique is so cool love the way you used it. Sandy :)

Heidi Bound said...

LOVE the project! Thanks for sharing.

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Awesome effect you got there. Really fun and I bet you have a whole bunch of new ideas for using this treatment. I enjoyed this post a lot,*smiles* Norma

Neet said...

Think I might need to check out that technique - it looks great! Thanks for the heads up on the paper - it's always good to have a users thoughts.
Hugs, Neet xx#21

Miriam said...

Fabulous technique! Love what you have created.
#101

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful stamp and gorgeous technique!

SophieNewton said...

Fabulous technique, will definitely be checking that one out.
Sophie no.92

Amanda said...

Love the technique will have o have a go at that. Was ummimg and arghing on the paper so you have made my mind up for me I wont bother. Thanks for the update. Will stick with Hunky Dory ink me card, and Indigoblu stamping card which is a fantastic 350gsm.
Love Amanda @ 76 x

peggy aplSEEDS said...

happy WOYWW! wow, gorgeous finish! oh my, is that what you call chaos? what would you think of my desk!
hugs, #15 peggy aplSEEDS

Julia Dunnit said...

Im with you Susan, the smoother the stock, the more the Distress Inks seem to nead and resist, in fact, I 've started actively avoiding them for stamping with now. Great technique on showcase the g al, lovely job.

Judy said...

Thanks for the info'.
judy #78