Monday, June 18, 2012

Garden Art Tag

Hiya! I was recently invited to join a small group of like-minded folks for sharing - both tips and art. Our first swap was an Artists Choice Tag, and of course I had to join in!

Since we are a new group I didn't know much about my swap partner except that she is an avid gardener and lives in Wales. I set out to learn a little about Wales and toyed with the idea of building a tag around the extraordinary dragon on the national flag... but it was not to be. My muse wasn't too keen on dragons and hid away (possibly frightened...).

So, off to the garden I went!


The national flower is the leek, at least historically speaking. Nowadays the daffodil is embraced as the flower of choice, but one doesn't grow daffs in a vegetable garden, does one? :) The tag was printed and cut out with a tag die. The green plant is a leek ('poireau' in French) and I made sure to center the die on the vintage image so I could leave the leek visible.  I added Diamond Stickles on the leaves for a little "umph".


The vintage seed packets were internet finds, printed and layered. How about that Butterfly Brand pumpkin seed pack? I was thrilled to find it! All edges were distressed with Gathered Twigs ink and I used a distressing tool to rough up the seed packet edges. Honestly, the seed packet colors are more vibrant than you might be seeing on your screen. I had a battle with PE about greens - it wanted to add more green when I tried to color correct. Ah well...

The best part about this is that I was able to personalize my "Artists Choice" tag for both of us, and that makes me very happy. Thanks for visiting today.

Cheers,
Susan


3 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This is so lovely...I am sure she will love it too!

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Oooooh, I love it. I love the composition, and oh dear, it makes me want to eat an ear of corn.

Bethan said...

Susan.. I love it!!! Thank you so much!