Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #153

Hiya! *Whoop whoop* I missed last week's WOYWW for whatever reason... can't remember. It might have had something to do with my long weekend visit with a couple of crafty folks down south. Check out this post if you want to see photos of our escapades.

Part of our weekend was junk shopping. Yay! Here's a photo of some of the things I brought home:


There's a lidded teal tea mug, so it doesn't go cold on me. In front of that are the three swap items I received (see the post mentioned above for a closer look - they're beautiful!). Little vessels to use for hat pin photography, a silver-plated tray with feet...

One of the ladies makes wonderful soaps and gave me a sheep shaped bar of lemon verbena. She's at Missing Willow Farm, if you want to pop on over and visit. It's divine and I think I'll hoard it. There's a stack of ephemera, an old photo of a lady with funny hair, a printers block with monthly calendars (I love old calendars), and hardware bits.

The best part is the house. I think it will be Halloween-themed.

And, I got my WOYWW badge. Yay! Thanks Julia. :)

For those of you kind enough to remember and ask about my brain-teaser of the past weeks, here is Zombie Sheep's Laboratory. The brains were made from polymer clay (my first use of clay!) with help from a You Tube video. I'll link it up when I find it again. :)



Thanks for popping by! If you want to be a master snooper, head on over to Julia's place for the master list!

Cheers,
Susan

11 comments:

Karen said...

WOW that's some pretty and rather beautiful junk you have found there! I love your altered tin, its really awesome :)

Have a fab WOYWW and a lovely week, Hugs, Karen xx #49

Nichola said...

I am green with envy about your trip. Just look at all those goodies! All that AND brains?!?! Gah!

Maria said...

Ooh, you've got some fun finds there - can't wait to see what you do with the house! :)

Hazel said...

You did well with your 'junk' finds - doesn't look like junk to me - thanks for sharing - (Hazel, WOYWW #95) x

Gourdess said...

Very cool stuff on your desk. I am LOVING the Zombie Sheep and those cute little brains! Thanks for popping over to say "hey" and happy WOYWW to you! Warmly, Tracy #16

Neet said...

Enjoy decorating the house - I did a workshop a while ago using those houses. Can't remember when or I would send you the link to the photos on my blog.
Enjoy - you sure will!
Hugs, Neet #19 xx

VonnyK said...

You sure hit the jackpot with the goodies you found. I am in love with your zombie sheep, just gorgeous.
Have a great week.
Von #18

CraftygasheadZo said...

Your junk finds are fab, look forward to seeing what you do with the house!Take care and enjoy WOYWW snooping! Zo xx 73

May said...

Fabulous junk... I must say!! looking foward to what you create with it all. Hugs May x x x#31

Miriam said...

fabulous junk!

#97

Miriam said...

fabulous junk!

#97