Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #150

Wow wow wow! It's Wednesday once again and time to throw open the studio doors and let everyone have a nosy around. Can you believe this is the 150th week? If my blog post tagging is correct, this is only my 18th week (some last year) -- kudos to those who have played all along and big thanks to Julia, our oh-so-gracious Hostess with the Mostest!


Today we have assembly-line stick pins for the shop. They all need glued up and polished. See the clear plastic cup? It's first life was a Tide laundry detergent measuring cup and now acts as a "gravity enhancer". I drop freshly glued pins in upside-down while the glue dries. I've decided assembly line work isn't for me, though. I like each pin to be a little different, so I might change up some before gluing.

See the Sculpey polymer clay by the coffee cup? Heh. It's brain-colored. Wanna guess what I'm going to do with it? *tongue firmly planted in cheek* I can't give any details until after the first of May so you'll just have to THINK about it!

If you want to see what all the WOYWW fuss is about, join us over at Julia's joint!

Cheers,
Susan

20 comments:

inkypinkycraft said...

Some beautiful pins! Have a great day,hugs trace x 68

Queen Of Toys said...

Now that looks like a production line, they look great, thanks for sharing.

Eliza #103

Jill said...

Oh Susan, they are wonderful and I would love to buy them all if I could!!!
When are they ready in your Etsy?
Some weeks ago after I had ooooing and aaaing over your pins my 11yr old son came to my craft room with 50 nkr (a little over 8$..) and said, here you have mom so you can buy you some pins! Such a thoughtful son :) Don't think I can get so many pins for that, lol, but I check in later :)
Big crafty hugs to you :)

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

(Hiya Jill - In case you come here first... I responded over at your blog. ~Susan)

Miriam said...

Lovely!

#84

Neet said...

Those pins are lovely. Cannot guess what the pc is about - brains?
Thanks for sharing and commenting on my blog, Hugs, neet #1 xx
ps thanks for putting your number, it does help x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Beautiful pins and fab ways of storing them! Take care & enjoy this weeks WOYWW snoop! Zo xx 17

france papillon said...

Hey, not fair to give us i mindbraking asignement when you can only give the answer next month! lol
love the pins though ;)
have a happy week!
france
#98

Cottage Remnant said...

What a lovely row of "sparkle"...how very pretty.

blessings,
Cindy♥

Hazel said...

What a lot of gorgeous pins - Hazel, WOYWW #85 x

May said...

Such Gorgeous pins you have created there, just Stunning, Have a good week, Hugs May x x x No2

okienurse said...

love those pins! I like one of a kinds also but when you are creating to sell it is hard to make a living off just one huh! Have a great week and thanks for visitng my blog! Vickie #32

sandee said...

OK, thanks for the gravity enhancer idea, I tried making some pins and didn't think about that idea, love it! I don't like assembly line work either! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :) #131

Julia Dunnit said...

Eeuuw brain coloured. I have a vry sick mind and can go a long way with some ideas, but I know they'll all be wrong! Am loving the pins, and the use of such technical equipment to help with the gluing!

Now I've had a look girlfriend, and there's no-one posing as you at number 129 on the list...but that was your number on last week's list.....

Julia Dunnit said...

I think I just commented and clicked away instead of posting..if I didn't, forgive my repetition!!
I don't dare offer suggestions for the brain coloured sculpey (eeuww), because I've a sick mind and thankfully, they'll be the wrong suggestions!!
I love the pins, and who knew a gravity enhancer was so easy to find these days!

I've checked the linky lists...you alone appear at 107 this week, no other rogue Sues...but you were at 129 on last weeks list...

Redanne said...

Ummm, a brain maybe? That's a bit scary. Love, love, love your pins, they are gorgeous. Anne #30

Lavinia said...

How beautiful! The pins you make a gorgeous, I especially love the blue ones, my fave colour! And yes Wednesdays arrive very quickly dont they! Have a great week!
Lavinia 88#
x

Lisa said...

Great pins, love to use them, thanks for sharing

Lisa #112
xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Those pins are absolutely stunning! Definitely one of the more interesting desks this week! Happy belated WOYWW #45

kay said...

fabby pins,am intrigued by the brain colour clay,
playing catch up
happy woyww
kay #51