Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #149

Hiya! Today is Wednesday, where crafty sorts bare all. Visit Madam Julia, our WOYWW Mistress HERE. All you have to do is show your stuff and link it up so we all can have a peek through the peephole on your studio door! 

I really wasn't sure what to expect when I poured my coffee and headed to the studio this morning. Yesterday was spent away from home and I couldn't remember what I left it like on Monday, except for the finishing bits on a card. Imagine my surprise to find this!

 
Teacups from Grandma! While I was waiting for Stickles to dry on the card in the background, I pulled out the box of newspaper-wrapped teacups to see what I could find. And then forgot about it. :)

What else is here... the edge of my newest tool - a Tonic Studios guillotine trimmer. Ok, it's not that new, but Husband surprised me with it a month or two ago and I love that he did. :) The lazy susan with Very Important Stuff on it, like tissue tape that I never, ever use. I just like the receipt stand it's on, and that a favorite vintage inch/centimeter ruler is handy. (Oh, do I have a ruler and yardstick fetish... yes I do...) Let's see, also various bits from that card. (Clicky HERE to see the front of the card, if you're so inclined.) The tape roll is Scor-Tape, otherwise known as Sookwang tape. I couldn't work without it.

So delicate and thin!

2.5 inches (6.3cm) tall!


That's it for me. I'll do my best to visit more this week. Last week was a bust!

Cheers and happy WOYWW,
Susan

19 comments:

Shoshi said...

Oh Susan, what absolutely beautiful china... I've never seen a tea cup on legs before! To me, tea tastes its absolute best out of bone china.

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I've just discovered how to get rid of the dark layer, and it must have happened while you were commenting, so you were probably the first person to see my blog in all its glory lol!! I'm just so relieved that it's now all OK at last.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

Lynn Holland said...

Please can I come round for tea. Your china is absolutely delightful.
Lynn
One I Made Earlier Today.
#16

Diana Evans said...

oh what fun!!!! love your workspace!! the tea tea cups look amazing especially that last one!!!! with the legs!!!! Happy WOYWW!!!!

Helen said...

Hi Susan thanks for popping by my desk. I am returning the visit and I love your Grandmas teacups. They are so pretty especially the tiny ones. Did they inspire your beautiful card I wonder? Happy WOYWW Helen 35

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...old china cups are a sight to behold...the rich colours are wonderful you can see why 'Tea' was a ritual in our yesteryear...thanks for sharing...Mel :)

Franka Benjaminsen said...

What a beautiful desk with all these tea cups. They are amazing, especially the small ones. Are you gonna use them or are they for decoration? Love your blog with all the great crafts. Thanks for sharing. Bye, Franka #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You'll have to hide those teacups from Julia - she has a penchant for fine china...and they are very fine!! So pretty!
hugs, LLJ #3 xx

Amy E said...

Wow! What gorgeous teacups! And what a sweet thing to have from your Grandma. They're so pretty!!

Thanks for taking a peek at my desk this week! Yes...you did spy a Mega millions ticket! And no, we didn't win :( But I left them out so I could do a Smash page or two about the world's largest jackpot! It was a fun fantasy while it lasted!

Amy E. #30
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

fairy thoughts said...

Your card is gorgeous and I just love the tea cup with the little feet, sooo cute.
thanks for your comments on my blog. I dont know if you can get the Michael Powell stamps in the US they are made buy Papermania, but you could probably ship them.
janet #19

Miriam said...

such lovely china!

#148

Neesie said...

What exquisite china...how lucky you are. The little cutie with legs just makes you smile :D
Thanks for popping over to see me.
Have fun Neesie #12

505whimsygirl said...

Oh wow - I love your little tea cups! So beautiful and so delicate looking. I focused in on them that I didn't notice anything else!

Thank you for your lovely comment earlier today. It's evening here and I'm hoping to get around to at least half of those that have visited me.

Hugs,
Kay

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

Such lovely surprises on your desk! It looks like a wonderful place to work. Thanks so much for sharing and happy WOYWW!

Lisa Richards said...

Oooooo! What gorgeous teacups! I didn't expect to see that on anyone's workdesks! Glad that you have so many little things that you love in your creative space! Thanks for visiting me and have a great WOYWW!
Lisa

Jackie said...

Lovely china..... Lazy Susan , what a good idea I think mine will now be leaving the house and off toy craft room!!!!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Very creative space and I adore those tea cups! Just beautiful!

Neet said...

When I went to visit my friend in America a couple of years ago she took delivery of some bone china cups and saucers. She now has English tea parties for her friends now and then. Are you going to do the same?
Whatever, it is a beautiful gift you must be thrilled.
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #10 x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Am loving the teacups! Take care, it's Sunday, but I'm still working my way through the list! Zo xx 75

Queen Of Toys said...

YOu have some very special pieces of china there, and I am sure you have some Ainsley as well.

Treasure those pieces as they are great memories of your Grandma as well as collector china.

Thanks for sharing, I love antiques and have collected for years. One of my very serious passions.

Eliza #80