Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday, Already? WOYWW #143

It's What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday! I'm shaking my head a bit that we're here again SO SOON. Where does the time go? Today is the day we have a snoop around desks all over the world. Fun!

Today I'm in full-on stick pin production mode.


It's bright and sparkly on the inside even when it's wet and dreary on the outside.


There's so much rain I can't even see out the window. That lump on the floor is my 90 lb doberman. He loves blankies!

So I have to share my spiffy new mini photography studio. Heh. I was inspired when my Craftster friend Kira made her own light box. So clever!


The clamp lights were $3.50 each at the hardware store and have 60-watt Reveal* bulbs inside. The frame is actually 3 shipping boxes leaning up against one another with a white velvet liner draped over. You could use a sheet, too.

These are my first "test shots". Not too bad, eh? Now I don't have to go outside to photograph stuff. Yay!



Thanks for having a poke around. I'll be visiting loads of other desks in a bit to see what everyone else is doing. Have a great day!

Cheers,
Susan

*(set camera white balance to "daylight")

19 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Love your stick pins! So beautiful! And I laughed about your dog! So funny! Congrats on the mini photo light set up and happy WOYWW!

Julia Dunnit said...

Just look at that dog...I thought you had a sick person under there!! How lovely. Your p ins are just gorgeous, really lovely and the photography are well, perfect!!

Sherry Edwards said...

How wonderful having your very own little photography studio set up! Love your altered stick pins - I really want to try making some of those!

Thanks for already coming to see my desk :)

Sherry - WOYWW #6

Lizzy said...

Super photos, great idea for the light box. I might have to try it for selling some of my stuff. Hope the rain has let up and it is now sunny. Norma/Lizzy

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I was wondering who was hiding under the blankets! Your pins are gorgeous. I think I'm tempted to decorate up a pin to put on the card I have lying on my desk to jazz it up some. That's really out of the box for me (and that's just a regular box, no light boxes here).

Yours Artfully said...

You did a great job of photographing your gorgeous pins....they are so elegant, I love them A LOT!!!

Hazel said...

Love your photos - the studio looks great. We could do with some of your rain. The pins look good. (Hazel, WOYWW #5) x

sandee said...

aacckk..I just bought a whole lot of goodies for stick pins too!! Yours looked great, I want to see more!! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

kay said...

fabby pins and great light set up,x

BetteK said...

Your pins are just gorgeous! Debbie #89

CraftygasheadZo said...

Stunning pins, I did wonder what was under the blankets! Happy Thursday to you, hope you enjoy this week's snoop around the oh so creative spaces & take care. Zo xx 83

Peggy Cain said...

the pins are beautiful and I love the "doggie blanket" are our furry friends a blessing?

TeddyBobCrafts said...

Beautiful pins. Has your dog come out from under the blankie yet?! Ali x #119

Lisa-Jane said...

Love that little lump on the floor! That pin is absolutely gorgeous! It has turned out so well in the photo too.

Joynana said...

Wow, your photos look wonderful. I am going to have to try that and get me some lights. Wonderful job. Have a great rest of the week.

Sarah said...

it's true the days between Wednesdays just fly away - love the pins and great shots!!! Sarah at 1 having a late WOYWW peek and blog nose on Friday!

TheFairyyellowbugQueen said...

Susan, love that photography mini studio you have set up. This is really fabby and thanks for showing it to us. I've made a 'mental note' for myself. *smiles* Norma
p.s. love the beauty under the blankie.

scrappymo! said...

What a great idea for a light box.
If you used black velvet you wouldn't get any shadow...but maybe things would "sink in".

Great idea.

Mary said...

What a beautiful pin. I think your photo box is very clever. I had to laugh when I saw your sleeping dog. Mine love blankets too.