Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Patsy!




The Stampman




Hey there crafty friends! I want to share a card I made for a local gentleman to give to his wife. All he wanted was "Happy Birthday Patsy" and the rest was up to me. ::squee:: I love that kind of custom order!

Anyway, this color scheme was inspired by the delicious Webster's Pages paper found in the Nature's Storybook 6x6 collection.

(Click for larger view)

I used the Tim Holtz bird cage die and a Sizzix Sizzlits die for the leaves. The butterflies and bird are layered from the WP paper. I hand wrapped the rice pearls and used Rub-n-Buff on the W(onderful) tag to make it antiqued silver (from it's original gold).

This is a very busy card! Honestly, it looks much better in person than on this photograph. Oh, and "Happy Birthday Patty" was printed on my computer and adhered to the Tim Holtz clear tag with Glossy Accents. The butterfly antennae were made from wire. I think that's all. :)

Challenges, Please!
  • Shabby Tea Room #54 (3/27) - "Bingo" - Lace, flowers, heat embossing (music notes on the birdcage)
  • Simon Says Stamp and Show (3/27) - "Show a Word" - my word is "Wonderful"
  • Wild Orchid #19 (3/27) - "Dieing to Punch it Out" - branch, cage and bird are die cuts
  • The Stamp Man #19 (4/7) - "Anything Tim" (Tim Holtz products used: Caged Bird die, Wonderful tag, memo pin, charm clip, fragment charm and loads of jump rings. :)
  • Bunny Zoe's Crafts #10 (4/10) - "Happy Birthday with lots of pearls" - 5 freshwater pearls hand wired on the cage

I hope you are having a creative day!

Cheers,
Susan

17 comments:

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love that birdcage and I'm sure his wife will love it too! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR DT

Candy C said...

Hello Susan! Your "Wonderful" card is simply that...WONDERFUL! I love all the layering and technique you used on this card. I can tell alot of thought went into it! Love the colors, the laces, the ribbons, the flowers...all of it works so well together. And of course, who doesn't love Tim Holtz' bird and cage die cut? You did an outstanding job! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Well done! <3 Candy

Deborah Mahnken said...

Wonderful! Such a pretty card. I hope the recipient loves it :)

Stephanie Rodgers said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Do you charge for your custom orders? How much would you charge for this one?

Dragon said...

It's fab... hope he liked it!! Sure he would
Frankie
xx

MaryNell said...

What a great job, Love your Birdcage card. Everything is just perfect for the card.

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Gorgeous card! I love that birdie in its cage, and the beautiful flower. Thanks for joining us at the Shabby Tea Room this week.

Jolanda said...

Your card is absolutely stunning, with so much detail and shabbyness!!! gorgeous :)

Jolanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mina said...

fabulous vintage card Susuan, I love the rich design of it...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Wanda H said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Clarky J said...

This is stunning I love all your collaged elements x Thanks for joining in at The Stamp Man challenge x Janet

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card! I love the color combos you used.

Patricia said...

I love that card very pretty. Im sure it was loved. I love the butterflies at the bottom.
~Patricia

The Stamp Man said...

Totally stunning card, so much great detail I bet they both love it, I certainly would!

Thank you for joining us for the Anything by T!m challenge at The Stamp Man

Jill

Angela Weimer said...

Great project. Love the shabby feel to it. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Agnela

Dragon said...

Well done on your top spot
Frankie
xx