Monday, January 17, 2011

TBS DT: The 411 on Love

Hello hello and Happy Monday! We're off on a new challenge over at The Beary Scrap DT and Challenge Blog. Our challenge is:


Since Husband and I love each other dearly but *don't* observe Valentine's Day, I started out with a friendship theme. As things happen, this card took on a life of it's own and I've fallen in love with it. *grin*


The flower... oh the flower! Don't you just love it? I used Patricia's video tutorial for my flower and made it using Basic Grey's Curio paper. (The flower is the large template.) I can't wait to try it with grungepaper. Check it out HERE at her blog! Thanks so much Patricia for putting together such a wonderfully detailed tutorial.


The "Things I Love" layer is a card stock embellishment from the My Mind's Eye/Laundry Line/Coastal collection. Yes, I know it says "things" as in plural... but I'm claiming artistic license and only listing one thing - YOU. *wink* I spritzed it with a little water and carefully crunched it up to get the creased effect and allowed to dry. Then I spritzed with Pearl Glimmer Mist for the sparklies.

Some other details - the butterfly is from one of the Curio papers. I painted it with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint, dried, cut out and inked the edges with Distress ink. The antennae are hand made with a piece of black wire, dried glue and black paint. The Scrabble tile edges were roughed up with a nail file and consoled with a walnut ink-stained chunk of foam.

Challenges, Please

Card Recipe
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you get a chance to visit the design team blog so we can inspire you throughout the week to join our challenge before January 31st.

Cheers,
Susan

9 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Anne said...

This is georgeus, love the vintage style and the beautiful flower! :)

Have a nice monday!
Hugs, Anne.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Never have Scrabble letters looked so appealing! A beautiful make! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Holy moly! I'm drooling on my keyboard here, Susan! That paper is luscious - both the BG paper and the flower! The lace and tulle and pearls - just yummy! A total feast for the eyes!

Cecelia said...

This is absolutley beautiful! Love the lace and the flower is stunning!

Hugs
Cecelia B

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Susan, super cuflower and love the colours and design.
Thanks for playing with us at The Stamp Man this week and good luck.
Hope you're having a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Dragon said...

Love this and the demos you sent us to!!
Frankie
xx

elsi67 said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

The Stamp Man said...

Stunning card, I love everything about it, the detail is perfect, thank you for entering it into The Stamp Man distress challenge.

Jill