Monday, October 11, 2010

TBS DT: Getting Krafty!

Hello friends! Today I'm bringing you a card made with kraft paper and a little Glimmer Mist. I've really enjoyed all the Halloween-theme projects lately, so I'm at it again. Click HERE for the current Beary Sweet Challenge - it's a fun sketch!

So, here's my spooky "kraftiness". I used My Mind's Eye Haunted papers as well as a kraft tag.The image is a vintage find from The Graphics Fairy.


I used pearl Glimmer Mist on the base layer and the tag. It doesn't look nearly as cool in this photo as it does in person, so just take my word for it - It's cool! The spider web is embossed with clear embossing powder, and the vintage image was painted with Rock Candy Distress paint. Oh, and the white pearl pins were colored with a black Copic.

Challenges, Please

Card Recipe
Thanks for visiting today! You have a few days left to whip up a fun project for our Beary Sweet Sketch Challenge - come join us!

Cheers,
Susan

9 comments:

Anita said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Susan! Spooky, yet beautiful! :)

Edith said...

Great card, Susan! Wonderful work with kraft paper, it looks perfect on your card:)
Hugs, Edith

My name is CINDY...... said...

Fantastic!!

Linda Ledbetter said...

I love the vintage look, and this design is really unique and lovely! Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers for our monochromatic challenge!

Cathy said...

Susan your card is awesome. I love all the details. Great Halloween card.

CuddlyBunny said...

Creepy AND cool!

Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

Cor* said...

This is crazy wicked cool! i love the layout and use of glimmer mist (which I NEVER use...where to buy some?). I love the pins colored black and your ribbon treatment & of course the image is TDF .Thanks for getting spooky with us at Fussy & Fancy this fortnight! Happy Halloween!!

Sandy Ang said...

What a sophisticated fantasy Halloween card !

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW! I love the colors and the web! Super cool! Love your card.Thanks for Joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday.

Hugs, Mindy