Wednesday, September 1, 2010

CLP #29: September

Hello hello! Ooh, it's the first of the month and you know what that means, right?

This month I used another fabulous Gurlee Girl Blossom Fairies stamps. I'd love to introduce you to Blossom Fairy Cammy:


Isn't she beautiful? Make sure you bop on over to the CLP Challenge Blog and check out all the DT samples - you'll get a great view of the other Blossom Fairies and an adorable Gurlee Girl witch. I *so* need that one!

Cammy is made from two layers - the wings, right arm and little butterfly make up the second layer. I've used papers from a 7 Gypsies "Nottinghill" 6x6 pack. Delicious! The papers are a little lighter weight than I expected, but they worked out perfectly. The large ribbon that Cammy is sitting on is ivory sheer over green satin. The buckle thingy is a vintage piece from a flea market find. I think it might be mother-of-pearl, but I'm not sure. I think it needs a little more embellishment... maybe a strip of lace over the sheer. 

So, I forgot to include a vertical panel from the sketch. Sorry Chelsea! Since I struggle horribly with sentiments of any kind, I replaced the sentiment on the top with flowers and moved them to the right to balance the buckle thingy.

Challenges
Card Recipe
  • Stamp - Gurlee Girl - Blossom Fairy Cammy
  • Paper - Bazzill Basics; 7 Gypsies "Nottinghill"
  • Medium - Prismacolor Pencils with OMS; Stickles Star Dust; Color Box Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan on the edges
  • Embellishments - Venise lace; satin and sheer ribbons; mulberry paper roses; pearls
  • Adhesives - Silicone glue; Scor-Tape; Fabri-Tac

The challenge is sponsored by Gurlee Girl - go check out the store and see what *you* could buy with your $20 gift voucher!


Here's the CLP #29 fine print: Make a project with this fabby sketch, upload by 9/30 and link back to CLP in your blog post. How's that for easy? I hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping in, and I hope you treat yourself well today.

Cheers,
Susan

14 comments:

Anne said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors, and the flowers are so pretty!

Elise said...

Oh Susan! You do your layers SO well! And must I say?! This card is freakin' GORGEOUS! That lace is just DIVINE and those dp's are making me drool over here! You've added the pearls in the perfect places and your flower cluster is BEAU-TI-FUL!!!!!!!! sigh ... you're so awesome! Love it all!!!

Big Hugs to You!
Elise

Sylvia said...

awww.. what a cutie, Cammy is! And you colored her perfectly! Love the little sparkle all over her wings and sooooo pretty how you sat her on the wide ribbon.
Ohhhh... and I adore the vintage look of your card with the lace in the back and the a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e flowers!
Gorgeous card, Susan!
{hugs} Sylvia

Patricia said...

Susan this is so pretty and I LOVE the buckle there it's perfect!! Awsome job as always. All the colors are so pretty.
~Patricia

Patricia said...

Susan this is so pretty and I LOVE the buckle there it's perfect!! Awsome job as always. All the colors are so pretty.
~Patricia

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the ribbon and the buckle on it too!! Cute image as well :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Sassylassy said...

Lovely card my sweetie pie. Wow totally amazing. The paper is so pretty and I love the lace it's just yummy!!!! Awesome
Hugs Bonnie

Chelsea said...

Flea market...Oh please take me with you! I love them! So many interesting things and if you are lucky you will fine some real gems, just like you did with that buckle thingy! lol
Wow Susan, I love your style! From the way you color to the clean style card. Gorgeous!
Luv,
Chelsea

Edith said...

What a pretty card Susan! Image is beautiful as well as paper, coloring and embellishment:)
Hugs, Edith

Wendy said...

Hi Susan,

Just wanted to congratulate you on being chosen by our DT at Delightful Challenges this week as our next Guest DT to star for the day over at Digital Delights.

Please contact me at marwhall@sbcglobal.net to make arrangements.
Hugs
Wendy

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your adorable card.
luv
Debby

Janie Printz said...

WOW !!! Just simple gorgeous ... Love your papers, that wonderful ribbon & your coloring is over the moon !!!
Beautiful work of art.
Hugs, Janie

Marjo said...

Yummylicious card Susan! Wonderful finds, you have used them so well.

Hugs, Marjo

stephanne said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love that lace trim, it is one of my faves, I want to buy a miles worth of it, lol!! And it is the perfect little pop of texture on your creation, your colouring is amazing and I love the colours and gorgeous embellies you've used!!
hugs, stephanne