Thursday, July 29, 2010

I've Got Twins!

Hello Hello! I'm so excited to share these cards with you. This is a long post with loads of photos and some technique info, so grab a bev and settle in. :)

A very dear friend asked me to make cards for her soon-to-be 15 year old grand-daughters. She was looking through older cards and loved this one, so I decided to customize it for the girls. Well, you know how styles and tastes change over time, right? Even though it was a short 5 months ago, I couldn't image making that card again... so I kicked it up a notch!

I'll show you Alyssa's card first - they are both easel style, with a little surprise inside.


The incredible image is from Kenny K - can you believe this Rock Chick's coolness? Kenny has a bunch of great digital stamps with new releases this weekend... ack! I can't wait!

Now, back to Alyssa... *grin* Here's the full easel view - the easel can rest on the line o' rhinestones as shown, or right above the lace (I kinda like the second option better). Rock Chick Alyssa is cut out and popped up on 1/8" dots.


Here is the "surprise"! I don't usually embellish easel folds, but it just cried out for personalization on these cards. Let me tell ya, Photoshop was definitely my friend on these projects. I used the same graffiti font on the brick wall and added a stack of books for reader Alyssa. Did I mention that the brick wall is actually digital paper? Yep! I sized it in PS, added the name with a white drop shadow and arched it slightly. I decreased the opacity of the books to make them look like worn graffiti. After all that was done, printed and heat set, I filled in all the letters (on the front panel and envelope, too) with Glossy Accents for a great shine and dimension.


Here is the envelope - also Glossy Accent'd. You can really see the shine on "You Rock" in this photo.


 Now let's take a peek at Brenna's fabulous card!


Here's a view of the easel in front of the lace - it flows much better, I think.


Brenna is a huge Philadelphia Phillies fan so I found a fun logo to graffiti on the wall.



So, that's it for these lovelies! Girls, if you happen to find your way here, Happy Birthday! I hope with all my heart that you love your cards as much as I do. I had a blast creating them!

Challenges
 Card Recipe
  • Stamp - Kenny K "Rock Chick"
  • Paper - Bazzil Basics; digital brick walls
  • Medium - Prismacolor pencils with OMS; Stickles Star Dust; Colorbox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan for the edges; Glossy Accents
  • Embellishments - Crochet lace; Prima flowers; miscellaneous rhinestones (cut up and put back together for swirls; Kaisercraft pearls; Making Memories metal words; teardrop-shaped "spray" from a 6' garland found in the wedding section of the big box craft store *grin*
Cheers,
Susan

17 comments:

Sylvia said...

Oh WOW!!! These are gorgeous!!!

Anne said...

These are so cool and simple, love the style! :)

Patricia said...

Susan these are so awesome the girls I bet will love them If they havent already got them. Love it.
~Patricia

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kaia said...

Wow, theese were georgeous.
Hugs, Kaia

A Cards Delight said...

Super sweet! I love easel cards and you did a really nice job. Your coloring and designs are awesome!

Alicia said...

These cards are amazing and so original! Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes" at PaperPlay.
Alicia xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous cards! Love the different colors you used... pretty image and embellishments. Thank you for playing along with us at DDCC.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh my word! these are jaw-dropping gorgeous!!!!!

Tracey Feeger said...

OMG these are just fabulous. I just love the graffiti writing. The images are coloured to perfection and great colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Jo Davies said...

Beautiful Cool Cards, I'm loving them!!!

Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week for our "Something Flowery" Challenge.

Hugs Jo xxxx

Cami said...

Gorgeous cards for the twins! They will love it...so now and so girly for teenagers! Hugs, Cami

Corinna said...

These are STUNNING! I love the personalization, the darling images, the coloring is fabulous!

Corinna ~ Practical Scrappers

Basement gal said...

It's funny how your tastes change. Great card and customizing. Thank you for entering it into the challenge this week at creative inspirations;

Kim said...

Susan these are both gorgeous hun! You have done some fantastic work here and I am sure the twins are going to absolutely LOVE these cards!!! Stunning work with the easel cards! GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Suzi said...

Two Wonderful creations, love the images and the colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Angelwood said...

Love your fun card! Really cool! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Romance. hugs, Angela